Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/24/2015 6:00:03 PM EDT
J&G has Red Army, but an older thread says don't buy the Ukraine made stuff which is what they have.

At the end of the day that's the cheapest bulk I can find.

I just want to load up for rainy day.

Whats the best way to go...?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:29:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest changes day-to-day, dealer-to-dealer. On-line, one variety of Wolf or another will regularly go on sale for $199-$219 per case. The final price will be determined by shipping cost, which will depend on where you live in relation to the dealer. Sometimes $240 with free shipping will cost you less than $199 + shipping.

Most every brand is good to stock up on, though I'd avoid Romanian ammo, whether it's in unbranded spam cans or packaged as RAS. I don't recall seeing any bad reviews of Ukrainian RAS, but Ukranian Wolf is GTG.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cheapest changes day-to-day, dealer-to-dealer. On-line, one variety of Wolf or another will regularly go on sale for $199-$219 per case. The final price will be determined by shipping cost, which will depend on where you live in relation to the dealer. Sometimes $240 with free shipping will cost you less than $199 + shipping.

Most every brand is good to stock up on, though I'd avoid Romanian ammo, whether it's in unbranded spam cans or packaged as RAS. I don't recall seeing any bad reviews of Ukrainian RAS, but Ukranian Wolf is GTG.
View Quote

Is there any reason to avoid the Romanian ammo? I was always under the impression that Eastern European 7.62x39 is more or less all the same, besides M67.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

And nothing is wrong with Romanian ammo........
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was alot of reports about the bullet dimensions being off on the Romanian stuff.  It caused some pretty nasty accuracy results.

I only remember it being the Spam cans that JG was selling tho, Don't think it had anything to do with Red Army.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
good feedback

thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There was alot of reports about the bullet dimensions being off on the Romanian stuff.  It caused some pretty nasty accuracy results.

I only remember it being the Spam cans that JG was selling tho, Don't think it had anything to do with Red Army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is it a case of a few people who talked to somebody who said their friends brother in law had some bad groups that just had to be the ammo?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I believe the suspect ammo was a non corrosive primer with a lead bullet in spam can ammo that made rounds..

This stuff:

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/product-p/ammo0003.htm

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
FYI looks like JG just got some Yugo Surplus in...
http://www.jgsales.com/7.62x39-yugo-military-surplus-ammo,-124gr,-fmj,-1120rd-case.-new.-p-71126.html
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.jgsales.com/7.62x39-yugo-military-surplus-ammo,-124gr,-fmj,-1120rd-case.-new.-p-71126.html
View Quote

Is this M67 or just the normal M43 stuff?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:25:33 AM EDT
[#10]
There have been a number of reports here and on other forums regarding the poor performance of 1) Romanian made RAS, and 2) recent batches of generic Romanian commercial ammo being sold in spam cans. Duds, hard primers, poor accuracy, etc. At the time I was thinking about stocking up on Romanian RAS because it is lacquered and sealed, so complai to definitely caught my attention.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

99.9% sure it's M67

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
99.9% sure it's M67  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

99.9% sure it's M67  

Im 110% sure its M67

BTW sportsmans guide has the M67 a lot cheaper with free shipping
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I tried looking for the m67 at sportsman's guide.  

Could you please provide a link?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Right on, thanks :-)
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top