Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 2:35:38 AM EDT

From my research this is 964 over 75. 750 rounds of 7.62x39mm. Came in a green wood crate.

Is there any more info on it? What bullet type is used?

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Its going to be packaged in bundles of 30 packs, 25rnd/pack with a copper washed case and FMJ steel core bullet.

The number 25 means the 25th lot for that year.The 75 is the year made.So it means that these cans were made in the 25th lot of the year 1975.

Corrosive so clean with water or water based cleaners to avoid corrosion.Good ammo,save it for a rainy day i wouldnt use it for range use.

Value will only increase over time, if cans are left unopened the value will increase even more.Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok. Sounds good. I planned to sell it in exchange for current production stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok. Sounds good. I planned to sell it in exchange for current production stuff.
View Quote

Keep it. If you lived to be 100 and it's still in those cans, it will shoot just fine.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for keeping it.  The Chicoms manufacture a lot of defective junk, but not when it comes to weapons & ammunition.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
dupe
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if I would clean with with water as somebody suggested above, if that's their preference have at it.  I just never found the need to clean a weapon after shooting corrosive ammo with hot water.  Hoppes, CLP, any of those will do if done properly and checked periodically.  Been shooting corrosive ammo since the late 1970's and never had any issues using the aforementioned cleaners or solvent.  Hell, back in the day when we could get it, GI cleaning solvent was the hot stuff, would clean anything regardless.  You had to wear gloves as it would chap your hands a good bit, but a good cleaning and lubing afterward, with a check with a patch a couple of days later usually did it.  Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#7]
That's good ammo, just about all I shoot anymore in x39

I second using hot water to clean up, especially if non chrome lined bore and piston parts. it is corrosive
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top