Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/20/2015 11:15:30 PM EDT
Do you guys have any experience with GECO ammo?

I need to gather some x39 stuff, and the price of the brass 7.62x39 ammo is nuts; I'm new to the AK field after picking up a PAP 92.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:02:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes good stuff, but I would focus on the cheaper Russian steel cased stuff. Your gun should eat it just fine!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes good stuff, but I would focus on the cheaper Russian steel cased stuff. Your gun should eat it just fine!
View Quote

This!

I wouldn't treat steel-cased ammo like it gets treated for ARs.  Hell, even my ARs have not had any issues with steel-cased except it's a little dirtier, but that's really not a problem.

Steel is right at home in an AK.

EDIT - To stay a little more on topic, though, I have not had any experience with GECO x39.  It does shoot well in .223 for me out of my AR.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I saved 15% on my car insurance with them...

Did fine with about 800 rounds of their 9mm.  Can't comment on their x39.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, guys!
I bought a hundred or so rounds of GECO as well as a few hundred rds. stockpile of steel. I don't mind having steel at that price, but I don't feel comfortable with it sitting long(er) term in storage. Mainly because I have no experience with doing so. Thanks though and if I remember I'll post a report on the GECO.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top