Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/19/2015 5:00:57 PM EDT
Is anyone aware of any action to repeal this ruling? It seems we have moved on to the next crisis.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Its gone...get what you can that's still in inventory....and don't forget to FBHO!
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The government doesn't give back ground that it's gained. Even under a Republican administration you'll likely never see 7n6 imported again. Buy all that you can while it's still (relatively) cheap.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The government doesn't give back ground that it's gained. Even under a Republican administration you'll likely never see 7n6 imported again. Buy all that you can while it's still (relatively) cheap.
View Quote

This.

It's been how many years since the chinese import ban, and still no repeal, even if we do trade with china for everything else...
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time a ban was reversed was when Reagan allowed military surplus back in that Karter had banned (that snivelling, bitter, useless bastard).  Unfortunately, I don't see any Reagans out there on the horizon .......
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Many good points, BUT:

As apart of the 'gun community' I think we should strive for freedom and not simply 'give into' government-restriction of liberty.

We can push back, if we can win over the sheep (people that don't think much, and toe the line when told to toe the line).

We will have better success in winning back our liberties, the sheep (^^^) can be easily won over with competent ideas and logic. Something the vast majority of our 'political-leadership' lacks.

They are good at pandering to the masses, but their actions play to a different tune.

"Not seeing any R. Reagan's"

Is because you are looking at the wrong people, like looking towards M. Zedong and I. Stalin to lead you to freedom...

Sometimes voting for the INDIVIDUAL based off of merit, is better than siding with a party; often that party (GOP) has strayed from their principles. Both major political-parties in this country, have betrayed the spirit of America (freedom, liberty). Sure the Democrats may be far worse, but anymore, I hardly look to the GOP for salvation/freedom/liberty/Constitution...
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:49:08 PM EDT
[#6]
D
Quoted:
Many good points, BUT:

As apart of the 'gun community' I think we should strive for freedom and not simply 'give into' government-restriction of liberty.

We can push back, if we can win over the sheep (people that don't think much, and toe the line when told to toe the line).

We will have better success in winning back our liberties, the sheep (^^^) can be easily won over with competent ideas and logic. Something the vast majority of our 'political-leadership' lacks.

They are good at pandering to the masses, but their actions play to a different tune.

Is because you are looking at the wrong people, like looking towards M. Zedong and I. Stalin to lead you to freedom...

Sometimes voting for the INDIVIDUAL based off of merit, is better than siding with a party; often that party (GOP) has strayed from their principles. Both major political-parties in this country, have betrayed the spirit of America (freedom, liberty). Sure the Democrats may be far worse, but anymore, I hardly look to the GOP for salvation/freedom/liberty/Constitution...
View Quote

Comparing Reagan to two communist mass murderers is a stretch.  I would agree the GOP is not entirely trustworthy these days which is why I stated we don't have a Reagan available thus far.  Sorry you missed the point.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
D

Comparing Reagan to two communist mass murderers is a stretch.  I would agree the GOP is not entirely trustworthy these days which is why I stated we don't have a Reagan available thus far.  Sorry you missed the point.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
D
Quoted:
Many good points, BUT:

Whoa! Hey now, was totally not comparing Reagan to the latter two. Reagan was a damn fine president.

I was simply alluding to the fact that much of the Democrats and Republican leadership that we have today, is pretty bad... Hence looking to them for 'good leadership' is a lose - lose situation.

Both parties pander to their own self interest. Not the principles of America that can make this land great again (liberty, freedom, small government, free market, inalienable-rights).
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The last time a ban was reversed was when Reagan allowed military surplus back in that Karter had banned (that snivelling, bitter, useless bastard).  Unfortunately, I don't see any Reagans out there on the horizon .......
View Quote

Rand has already said he would overturn a vast majority of previous EOs
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:44:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't an EO, it's an administrative ruling by an administrative agency. It isn't governed by congress and few, if any, private citizens have legal standing to challenge it. Changing the president would be a step forward, but only to the extent that his appointees to BATFE are interested in making 7N6 a priority.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#10]
The 86 reversal of the law passed in 68 was kind of a double edged sword.  It was great for surplus, but it also banned all new full auto weapons for non police/military buyers.  In the early 80's you could get a full auto M1A for around 100 to 150 more than the semi auto.  They also sold full auto AR15's.  You had to pay the tax stamp as usual, but nowall you can do is recycle all the NFA weapons that are in private hands.  Here is an ad from 96, actually ten years after, and you can see the prices were still not that bad." />
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Like everyone else said, I dont expect this will ever be imported again. If you need some grab it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:34:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The 86 reversal of the law passed in 68 was kind of a double edged sword.  It was great for surplus, but it also banned all new full auto weapons for non police/military buyers.  In the early 80's you could get a full auto M1A for around 100 to 150 more than the semi auto.  They also sold full auto AR15's.  You had to pay the tax stamp as usual, but nowall you can do is recycle all the NFA weapons that are in private hands.  Here is an ad from 96, actually ten years after, and you can see the prices were still not that bad.http://<a href=http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh556/luizgonsa/030_zpsyqcxffvo.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Yeah some people could.  The problem was that the ATF did not recognize revocable living trusts as a legitimate entity for purchasing NFA items back then.  A CLEO signature or a corporation purchase were the only options.  Back then most CLEOs would tell you to go straight to hell if you requested a signature for a machine gun.  It was really difficult.  Less than 100,000 people today own transferable machine guns in the US.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah some people could.  The problem was that the ATF did not recognize revocable living trusts as a legitimate entity for purchasing NFA items back then.  A CLEO signature or a corporation purchase were the only options.  Back then most CLEOs would tell you to go straight to hell if you requested a signature for a machine gun.  It was really difficult.  Less than 100,000 people today own transferable machine guns in the US.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 86 reversal of the law passed in 68 was kind of a double edged sword.  It was great for surplus, but it also banned all new full auto weapons for non police/military buyers.  In the early 80's you could get a full auto M1A for around 100 to 150 more than the semi auto.  They also sold full auto AR15's.  You had to pay the tax stamp as usual, but nowall you can do is recycle all the NFA weapons that are in private hands.  Here is an ad from 96, actually ten years after, and you can see the prices were still not that bad.http://<a href=http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh556/luizgonsa/030_zpsyqcxffvo.jpg</a>" />

Back then too didnt forms take over a year and some went pending via the shredder?.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top