Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/5/2015 8:48:30 PM EDT
is this ammo any good?  They are in a gray box with brown cases. If I wanted to pick some up what should they be going for nowadays per 1k rounds?  Haven't seen any before.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Its 20+ year old ammo from the 80s 90s

I wouldn't pay more than $175 - 200 per 1K rounds

Probably less than that as its hard to say under what conditions its been stored for the past 2 decades.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it commercial ammo in 20 rd boxes?  Is the box grey or silver?  If it's the silver commercial box, it's some of my favorite ammo to shoot.  It's fairly accurate and always goes bang.  The commercial Chinese ammo seems to be loaded a bit hotter than some of the current ammo.  For me, just changing from current Russian ot the Chinese, the point of impact was 3-4 inches higher.  I'd pay a little more than current ammo, maybe .25 to .28 cents per round.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw 1200 rounds for sale for $6 per box.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Went to transfer the ammo into one of my larger cans.  the top 400 rounds are in the gray box that say "lead core non-corrosive".  The bottom 600 rounds are in yellow boxes that just say "non-corrosive".  I pulled one of the bullets and cut it in half.  Sure enough, steel-core.  Win!
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It was always good ammo.

And its still available in Canada, but way more expensive than what we pay here for other brands.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to transfer the ammo into one of my larger cans.  the top 400 rounds are in the gray box that say "lead core non-corrosive".  The bottom 600 rounds are in yellow boxes that just say "non-corrosive".  I pulled one of the bullets and cut it in half.  Sure enough, steel-core.  Win!
View Quote

Just so you know... most ( if not all ) Chinese surplus from the '80s and '90s was corrosive... regardless of what the box says.

So be sure to flush with water after firing.

Not a big deal to do.... just make sure you do it. And then re-oil.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top