Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/26/2014 5:45:06 PM EDT
It is stamped "711" and "93".  123 gr hollow point made in Russia.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
As stated above its not corrosive.

I have a little of that ammo left from years gone by, its good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It is good ammo, but don't try to sight in with it. That stuff was Russia's first commercial 7.62X39 exported to the U.S. That was around 1992 or so and it was about 12 cents a pop. Wolf and their other commercial brands came later.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe!

Some of the very early runs used lots of military primers that were in the production queue.

This was also the case with early commercial hungarian stuff.  I think it was branded kfs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe!

Some of the very early runs used lots of military primers that were in the production queue.

This was also the case with early commercial hungarian stuff.  I think it was branded kfs.
View Quote

I am going to agree with this. I shot a lot of the early to mid '90s Russian import x39 (in the '90s ). Most was genuinely "non-corrosive" but some left me with fuzzy red metal in less than 24hrs despite being labeled or advertised as "non-corrosive".

My $0.02; if you have a bunch of this you want to shoot, take it to the range, have fun and collect a number of the empty steel cases. When you get home clean your rifle as you would for "corrosive" primed ammo (just one extra step and a little more attention to the nooks and crannies) and leave the steel cases out in the garage for a few days, periodically examining the INSIDE of the case for rust. If your humidity is extremely low (as it often is in Winter) maybe leave a couple empty cases on your bathroom cabinet (don't even try and explain it to the SO ).
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top