Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/4/2014 11:50:03 PM EDT
How much 7n6 ammo is left in the states guys? Is there any chance the next president could bring it back to the US?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#1]
There must be quite a bit left since it is still readily available and pretty cheap, around 18 cents per round.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I seriously doubt it will ever come to our shores again.

Look at the steel core Chinese ammo,there is your answer.

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont shoot 5.45 but if I did I would have stocked it up deep already. I wouldn't want to wait to find out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How much 7n6 ammo is left in the states guys? Is there any chance the next president could bring it back to the US?
View Quote

Millions of rounds if not billions. I know I have at least 15k left. Hell I still have 3 sealed spam cans of Chinese 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 6:35:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is there any chance the next president could bring it back to the US?
View Quote

The ATF, regardless of administration, doesn't exactly have a good reputation for giving up the ground they've won.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok it is banned because it can be shot through a pistol right, well why the fuck wont they ban m855 then? I think they just like to mess with us and take every bit of freedom they can little bits at a time.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok it is banned because it can be shot through a pistol right, well why the fuck wont they ban m855 then? I think they just like to mess with us and take every bit of freedom they can little bits at a time.
View Quote

Seems like we cover this every day anymore
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because 855 is domestically produced where as 7n6 was not

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#9]
And that matters because why (being domesticly made). If there reason is because it can be shot through a pistol then they should ban all of it (anything with a steel core) what because it was made here means the law does not apply, sounds pretty fucking stupid to me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

M855 is specifically exempted
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And that matters because why (being domesticly made). If there reason is because it can be shot through a pistol then they should ban all of it (anything with a steel core) what because it was made here means the law does not apply, sounds pretty fucking stupid to me.
View Quote

Yeah,great idea So you can't have something you will just stamp your feet and whine.  

Lets take the ammo away from all the shooters in America because you're butthurt.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of ammo whores in this country. Me included.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like 7n6. I only have about 10,000 rounds. Do you think comercial ammo will continue to be available?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#14]
There is plenty left in my closet!

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
If we run out I will offer 300 per can.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#16]
It is all over locally at $180-200 a can . seems to be plenty to be had
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It is all over locally at $180-200 a can . seems to be plenty to be had
View Quote

Yes, that will last for a while.  Some folks got out of 5.45 when they got skeered by the 7N6 ban.  Trying to dump their ammo now.  Guess we'll see where we're at in another year or two.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not quite. SS109/M855 as well as .30M2-AP was specifically exempted from the "armor piercing" ammunition ban. Even if 7n6 were manufactured domestically it would still be subject to the "armor piercing" ammo ban as defined by legislation as interpreted by ATF.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And that matters because why (being domestically made). If there reason is because it can be shot through a pistol then they should ban all of it (anything with a steel core) what because it was made here means the law does not apply, sounds pretty fucking stupid to me.
View Quote

"reason" had nothing to do with the legislation. It was pure politics and news feed for the uneducated who think they are smart but they are really dumb! The legislation does not even have to do anything with the actual performance of subject (or not subject) ammunition against "armor". Nor does it even define what "armor" is (soft level III?, hard plates?, vehicles?, barriers?). It was a carefully crafted agreement that gave the Liberal Progressives the "ban on armor piercing bullets" victory they were going to get one way or the other while doing as little damage as possible to the practical effect and purpose of having millions of responsible armed Americans. Yes, it hurts but it could have been much, MUCH worse.

The time to be outraged is when Freedom itself is being threatened, not just when it hits you personally in the wallet.

Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#20]
The wallet does hurt but it is the choice to freely chose what I want to shoot in my firearms. The ammo is corrosive but I like it. A lot. It should be around for another 6 months at least right? I wish people would not get out of 5.45 just because of the 7n6 ban, the more people we have the better off we are for commercially produced ammo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The wallet does hurt but it is the choice to freely chose what I want to shoot in my firearms. The ammo is corrosive but I like it. A lot. It should be around for another 6 months at least right? I wish people would not get out of 5.45 just because of the 7n6 ban, the more people we have the better off we are for commercially produced ammo.
View Quote

Based on what I see it will be around for years , Dans still shows it in stock at a reasonable price as well
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#22]
As much as I like 5.45; I don't like shooting the 7N6 that often because of the clean up.

I tend to reach for the non-corrosive stuff.  I am betting many store the 7N6.

It WILL go up in value, no doubt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
As much as I like 5.45; I don't like shooting the 7N6 that often because of the clean up.

I tend to reach for the non-corrosive stuff.  I am betting many store the 7N6.

It WILL go up in value, no doubt.
View Quote

Unless there is another panic , I think it will be a slow rise
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#24]
In a combat situation how long can an ak74 go without being cleaned and still function properly

with the 7n6 corrosive ammo?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
In a combat situation how long can an ak74 go without being cleaned and still function properly

View Quote

Longer than you will be shooting at someone.

First decent break you get you clean your weapon, eat, and THEN sleep.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends on your AO. In my experiences in a humid environment it takes less than a day to start seeing rust, but in a dry desert environment I saw nothing after 3 months (before I got tired of having a dirty rifle and finally cleaned it).

While there's still quite a bit of 7N6 in retailers' inventories, it's not going to last forever.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#27]
7N6 is still out there and cheaper than commercial ammo. I know a lot of us don't like cleaning corrosive but for me it's always been a small inconvenience. If it was just cheap I wouldn't miss it so much, but none of the commercial ammo shoots as tight at 100 yards as the surplus stuff. Monarch shoots better out of my rifle than Wolf or Silver Bear, and Red Army is the worst by a big margin (guess my 1/9 twist doesn't like those 69 gr bullets). Hoping to try some Golden Tiger 5.45x39 if it ever hits our shores, but sounds like that won't be anytime soon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I really don't get why everybody be hate n the corrosive ammo. WD40 does wonders, just a good hose down and come back whenever.
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Picked up 8K over the past couple of days and another 74. Not a killer price, but I have it in hand.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#30]
It's still readily available. If you got the dough, stock up. If not, I don't see 5.45 going anywhere any time soon.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top