Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/23/2014 11:00:04 PM EDT
Picking up my first (aside from my V12) AK variant.  Chose a Yugo PAP M92 as a little project.

I am trying to decide on what ammo to grab mostly to plink but would like something decent to stockpile.  Aside from looking for sealed primers, non corrosive cartridges, I am trying to decide on what projectile type would be best.

Most gel tests I have seen on youtube appear to show little performance or expansion with the SP or HP.

Which projectile do you prefer when looking to put a couple thousand rounds away and occasionally take it out and shoot soda bottles and other odd things lol?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
My N-Pap likes Wolf HP better than anything else.  It gives the smallest and most consistent groups for me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My N-Pap likes Wolf HP better than anything else.  It gives the smallest and most consistent groups for me.
View Quote

Cool appreciate the feedback
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I just look for the best deal, most of the current imports perform about the same. Your limited with primer/neck sealed ammo, I know the tins of Romanian are sealed but suffer QC issues.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Golden Tiger if you can find it. The Romanian Red Army Standard is sealed like the Golden Tiger, but I haven't seen any of that in awhile either. .
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#5]
About any will do honestly, but for stocking up/SHTF I would opt for Golden Tiger or Yugo surplus.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top