Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2014 2:26:07 PM EDT
So... As of right now, I have one ar project, I am paying off on a Sig , got a meager supply of .45 lets say 800 rds, about 2000 rds of 9mm, and about 3000 of 5.56. My 7.62x39 has grown in the past week or two to about 1400 rds, which I know isnt alot by others standards. I am a college student who works full time in the summer and will be back down to pt time by september in leu of the fall semester.

I see the thread talking about possible shit in the works as far as russia is concerned.

I guess my question is should I be putting all my other stuff on hold for the sake of stocking up more on 7.62x39 or is it business as usual because the prices on wolf and the other brands havent risen yet...?
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There's talk that with the recent sanctions, that all ammo is stopped from coming into the US. Others say that it is being held up before being brought in, until the retards in DC can figure out what they are doing. And there is also talk that ammo is not affected at all. In other words, your guess is as good as anyone's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
From what I have read, any items that are imported on a Form 6, are what is currently under "sanctions" from Russian. These sanctions have been levied against specific companies, Kalashnikov Concern being one of them. So any items under their manufacture and current possession cannot be imported. If a US company already paid for the items prior to the levy of sanctions, then that is ok to be imported.

The best bet would be to purchase as much 7.62 x 39 as you can if you need it. Unfortunately, the writing has been on the walls for the past few years regarding anything firearms related. There are those that believe this is temporary. But they probably don` t know about or remember when we used to have Chinese ammo and rifles imported in the country, prior to their importation being banned as well.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
With these clowns in office, I would buy what you can afford.. NOW!
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]
One ammo is the hand is worth two ammo in Russia.

Get it while you can. Don't wait until it is too late. Obama said "never let a crisis go to waste".
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  
...Obama said "never let a crisis go to waste".
View Quote

I thought that was Rahm Emanuel.

Not that I disagree at all with your conclusions concerning the value of "one in the hand"...
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
sell your car, sell the house, sell the kids

BUY AMMOOOOOO!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sell your car, sell the house, sell the kids

BUY AMMOOOOOO!!!!
View Quote

this!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Things only go up.  I realize there is some inflation at play but I remember 1000 rounds of Russian for $79.99.  1000 rounds of Israeli M193 for $139.99.  Those prices were delivered.  How about South African battle packs in 7.62x51 for $20.

As much as I don't feel old- I'm getting there.  The folks into this prior to me had it even better- far better.

We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time.  Mags, ammo, and that rifle you really like are great buys at this time.  Get them while you can and enjoy them.  It won't be long before you're honestly glad you did.  Just don't do it on credit.

Have a Saiga 12 laying around somewhere.  Remember when those were $299?

That being said please allow me to diverge and lecture.  Start saving in a 401K ASAP.  I realize this may not be on the radar at all, but damn if you do you will have the vast majority of your peers by the ass before you know it.  The key to building wealth when you retire (early hopefully) is when you start.  It's all about time.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top