Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2014 6:33:43 PM EDT
I have plenty of 7.62x39 but I ordered 900 rounds from SG just for the hell of it. Price was 25.2 cents a round including shipping. Anyone here shot this stuff?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:06:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep...decent ammo from the lot I shot....accuracy for my WASR was avg+, function was 100%.  I will buy more.  I need to try the bit of 5.45 I have also.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought two cases of the Romanian lacquer coated Red Army Standard. I am impressed.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought two cases of the Romanian lacquer coated Red Army Standard. I am impressed.
View Quote

Accuracy was ok imo. The bullets were undersized (Romanian), or so I've heard. The casings and sealing were a nice + though. Good plinking/range ammo.

Ukrainian might be better, but no experience. Those don't have lacquer coating and case sealing though.

Need to bring in more Golden Tiger!
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Accuracy was ok imo. The bullets were undersized (Romanian), or so I've heard. The casings and sealing were a nice + though. Good plinking/range ammo.

Ukrainian might be better, but no experience. Those don't have lacquer coating and case sealing though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the Ukrainian Red Army brand,  Works fine.  Not match ammo but works just fine.  Stays on paper at 100M and will shoot minute of man at 200M.  No more or less than I expect from any post commie ammo.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi,

The Red Army Standard (RAS) did fine in my WASR and AR rifle/carbine.  It's decent ammo and well crimped. The Romanian ammo my be better accuracy wise, about 2.5 moa out of my AR.

Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Ran about 200 rounds of it through one of the AK's yesterday to check for any POI change, then zeroed a new PK-A red dot. Ammo is good as any, better than most.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
A few months ago, I had a spent RAS round stick in my AK chamber; that is the only problem I have had.  Have shot it through an SKS as well; accuracy is at least equal that of Golden Tiger, one HELL of a lot better than Tula!!!!!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top