Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy it Cheap and Stack it Deep.

Ya never know.

If Ruskie ammo is banned one day, you'll be wishing you had bought more, when you could have.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#2]

"Not speaking of anyone in this thread, but most have a very limited understanding of the market as a whole. Take a look at the 7n6 panic thread and notice how many didn't know that commercial 5.45 even existed."

Very true.  Still have WBB N/C purchased 1999ish at $150 per K.  For rifles bought in '97.  Wondered at the time why it wasn't more popular.

"In the next few weeks, I'm going to start an attempt to shine a light on what is available (company, history, performance, construction)."

Should prove to be of interest.  Suspect it might be some months before things arrive at new "normal".  Much depends on the importers, but I have to imagine certain former Warsaw Pact countries are still quite hungry for $ ........
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Not speaking of anyone in this thread, but most have a very limited understanding of the market as a whole. Take a look at the 7n6 panic thread and notice how many didn't know that commercial 5.45 even existed."

Very true.  Still have WBB N/C purchased 1999ish at $150 per K.  For rifles bought in '97.  Wondered at the time why it wasn't more popular.

"In the next few weeks, I'm going to start an attempt to shine a light on what is available (company, history, performance, construction)."

Should prove to be of interest.  Suspect it might be some months before things arrive at new "normal".  Much depends on the importers, but I have to imagine certain former Warsaw Pact countries are still quite hungry for $ ........
View Quote

The 7.62x39 market is a bit of a oddity in comparison to other calibers. Read any other ammo section on this site and the conversations are broken out between practice/plinking and defensive/accuracy. With 7.62x39 it is all about cost savings (which has been the traditional placement of all things AK), with almost no mention of performance beyond anecdotal responses. Granted, the AK (or most 7.62x39 guns) isn't going to be the right tool to shoot groups...but there are some interesting varieties of ammo that suit its capabilities (and they are all made in the USA).

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The hoard is strong on this one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The 7.62x39 market is a bit of a oddity in comparison to other calibers. Read any other ammo section on this site and the conversations are broken out between practice/plinking and defensive/accuracy. With 7.62x39 it is all about cost savings (which has been the traditional placement of all things AK), with almost no mention of performance beyond anecdotal responses. Granted, the AK (or most 7.62x39 guns) isn't going to be the right tool to shoot groups...but there are some interesting varieties of ammo that suit its capabilities (and they are all made in the USA).

View Quote

I'm curious about this summary you are making up. I know there are other options, including US manufactured ammo. But I know of nothing that is remotely near the cost of the current Russian/Ukraine ammo offereings in large quantities. Otherwise, I'm looking at options that are 50-100% more expensive. Either way, I'm curious about the info you mention.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I am curious if they did go full retard and ban russian imports of ammo would it also ban the russian surplus that is available. I know it is all speculation at this point but I am curious if surplus is generally exempt based on past experience.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Posted by Sam of SGammo in the industry section:

reading the new sanctions and I believe that Ukrainian made Wolf and RAS ammo is now a thing of the past per the text below it would be sanctioned since it is a product made in "Luhansk People’s Republic". I may be wrong about this but I think this means any exports to the USA from Luhansk Ukraine would now be prohibited. If that is the case now Washington only needs to sanction the other Russian ammo manufacturers and there is no established source in the world that can offer the US commercial sales market with 'cheap' 762x39 or 5.45x39

http://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/jl2572.aspx

"The Treasury Department has determined that the Luhansk People’s Republic (LPR) has asserted governmental authority over a part or region of Ukraine without the authorization of the Government of Ukraine. The self-proclaimed LPR has asserted governmental authority through a number of actions, including issuing a declaration of martial law; banning the sale of corporate rights, production facilities, companies, and other assets; controlling the border guard checkpoints of Izvarino, Dolzhanskoye, and Krasnyi Partizansk on the Ukrainian-Russian border; and, shooting down a Ukrainian military transport jet as it attempted to land in Luhansk. The LPR also elected a leader and passed its own constitution on May 11, 2014."
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:48:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Just saw this from Military Arms Channel

Link
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#9]
::::crickets::::::  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
So. What's the real answer?..
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 1:30:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For the love of Christ, don't start panic buying over it AGAIN.

Ammo comes from ALL OVER.

Please stop.
View Quote

Why?  We supposed to wait till you get your allowance so you can get you "fair" share?  

Four cases right as Crimea started to happened and another case of Golden Tiger last weekend a day before it ran out.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I think that Obama will ban importation, or at the VERY LEAST slow customs to a crawl. Remember, never let a crisis go to waste. The only decent steel case 7.62x39 that I have seen other than from Russia or Ukraine is the Romanian Red Army Standard with sealed primers. I haven't even seen much of that compared to the amount of Ukrainian Red Army Standard. I am not interested in paying 55 cents a round for brass case ammo.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd love to see more of the Yugo surplus come back into the country.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Whoever else is making ammo,
Youwill  regret not buying more Ruskie, while you could have.
Russian ammo is getting closer and closer to being banned forever.
Did you forget what happened to the Cheap Chinese ammo?
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here you go-

https://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-762x39.html
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Do not want brass
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here you go-

https://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-762x39.html

Spank you very much!  I was down to my last 2 cases. Too bad it's not $0.20 p/rd like it was.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Do not want brass
View Quote

Have you ever shot Yugo surplus?  This stuff is uber hot.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:58:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do not want brass
View Quote

I want brass, but for the same price as steel. So, basically I ain't getting it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not want brass

But corrosive as hell.  I prefer GT
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

But corrosive as hell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not want brass

But corrosive as hell.

Really a non-issue.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Really a non-issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not want brass

But corrosive as hell.

Really a non-issue.

Weapons maintenance is fo suckas.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not want brass

But corrosive as hell.

Really a non-issue.

Touché. This is why I bought a big ultra sonic cleaner.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:19:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not want brass

Mildly corrosive.  I can skip a day and everything is still OK.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do not want brass

Mildly corrosive is like mildly gay. Either it is, or it ain't. Most of it is dependent on humidity. Try it in FL and end up with a chia pet rifle in a day or two.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Well, i just got 3 more cases myself, just to be on the safe side. That puts me at an even 12k.......plus the 3 cans of chicom i still have left over from the "original" panic of '94. Lol!!!!  God, im old!!!!......
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm through panic buying. I am tired of working OT to pay for my ammo addiction.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm through panic buying. I am tired of working OT to pay for my ammo addiction.
View Quote

Quitter.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top