Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/17/2014 10:19:49 AM EDT
With Kalashnikov concern now banned, could they be eyeing ammo companies like vympel with the ban next?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea.  Luckily I have over 10k rounds of GT.  This has got me terrified though that I need an even bigger stockpile
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
News outlets are already saying there could be further sanctions as Russia is likely going to retaliate now for yesterday's sanctions. I topped off a little extra GT from SGammo just now. If you are short on ammo and have been putting it off, you might want to go ahead and get ahead of the curve.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:07:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys.  I might have to buy some before its too late.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
We havent had a good panic in a couple months. Might as well start a new one
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Why wouldn't it be?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No idea.  Luckily I have over 10k rounds of GT.  This has got me terrified though that I need an even bigger stockpile
View Quote

10,000 rounds of GT? I'm a little terrified of YOU.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
There are other countries that make steel case 7.62x39 other than Russia, Russia is just the big one. I am sure all of those other countries will be more than happy to up production, fill the gap and libe their pockets if ammo is hit with sanctions. If it is banned it will be a blip on the radar before it calms down again and all the other countries fill the void.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
It is anybody's guess what is going to happen
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#10]
For the love of Christ, don't start panic buying over it AGAIN.

Ammo comes from ALL OVER.

Please stop.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Is ammo included in the sanctions or not?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

7.62x39 comes from all over? Enlighten me as to where.

Imports from China are long banned, now imports from Russia, and I doubt the Ukraine will be sending much as they are a mite busy at the moment.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Yugo, s&b, ect...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#14]
PANIC!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:57:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is ammo included in the sanctions or not?
View Quote

Here is the official word, but you will need to be a lawyer to understand it.
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck it ordered another case of fmj
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#17]
BUY BUY BUY!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I think there is legitimate concern of Russian made ammo  being banned..... But, lets not go crazy and go into a panic buying spree....

Ammunition has been exceptionally hard to find for the past couple of years. The market is starting to make a comeback. Lets not fuck it up......
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think there is legitimate concern of Russian made ammo  being banned..... But, lets not go crazy and go into a panic buying spree....

Ammunition has been exceptionally hard to find for the past couple of years. The market is starting to make a comeback. Lets not fuck it up......
View Quote

It's not us fucking it up that folks are worried about.....
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Well, JSC is on the list.  Don't they make Barnaul?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I just PANIC PURCHASED 4K of Hot Shot 7.62X 39 fmj from SG. Best deal I could find. I'm not taking a chance so I bought what I could afford for now.. Why should we need to worry about this shit,,,, BUMMER.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#22]
well shit.I was going to order another case of GT anyways so I just went ahead and got 3

if obama had any balls this would have been over months ago
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:47:14 AM EDT
[#23]
is vympel even on the list?

hope the Romanians start exporting more of the sealed/lacquer coated like we seen in the red army std line
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why wouldn't it be?
View Quote

Exactly. Destroying our 2A rights one bit at a time is what that POS in the White House has been doing since Day One in office.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Panic is in full force
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Panic is in full force
View Quote

BUY BUY BUY !!
HOARD HOARD HOARD !!
GOUGE GOUGE GOUGE !!

Geez this scenario is gettin' old ......
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah Ya Rite......
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I just PANIC PURCHASED 4K of Hot Shot 7.62X 39 fmj from SG. Best deal I could find. I'm not taking a chance so I bought what I could afford for now.. Why should we need to worry about this shit,,,, BUMMER.
View Quote

I heard this stuff is mildly  corrosive.......
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Imports from China are long banned, now imports from Russia, and I doubt the Ukraine will be sending much as they are a mite busy at the moment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hungary
Korea
Finland
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Czech Republic
USA

ETA: Did I miss the "imports from Russia" are banned story? (beyond the products of the Concern Kalashnikov Holding Company)
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hungary
Korea
Finland
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Czech Republic
USA

ETA: Did I miss the "imports from Russia" are banned story? (beyond the products of the Concern Kalashnikov Holding Company)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hungary
Korea
Finland
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Czech Republic
USA

Awesome! What exactly are those brand names and who's carrying them?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Panic is in full force
View Quote

I don't think so, just some good buying going on, SGammo still has a shit-ton of 7.62x39 in over a dozen different flavors.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#32]
.22lr will be banned from import as well...better FO
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
For the love of Christ, don't start panic buying over it AGAIN.

Please stop.
View Quote

I don't know about that.
Almost all the ammo I buy is from Russia and has been since Chinese ammo was banned.
Don't see large quantities of ammo from Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Romania etc etc. but that could change with the end of Russian imports.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:48:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have read extensively on Hot Shot and your comment is the first on claiming Hot Shot is corrosive. Where did you read this? link please.

HotShot® 7.62x39mm 123 Grain FMJ Ammo.

Full Metal Jacket, current production... Limited quantities!
Polymer coated steel case
Berdan primed
Non-reloadable
Non-corrosive
Muzzle velocity: 2,330 F.P.S. Muzzle energy: 1,483 ft. lbs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hungary
Korea
Finland
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Czech Republic
USA

Country - Brand
Korea    - PMC
Finland. - Lapua
Bulgaria - New production Arsenal ( Circle 10 surplus was imported in the past with Hebrew writing on the cans, I had 3 crates)
Serbia.   - PPU
Romania - Hot Shot and Red Army Standard
Czech R. - S&B
U.S.         - Winchester and Remington. My local Walmart has 40 round packs at a hefty premium.

I also believe there was Cheetah? ammo from Zimbabwe back in the day. It would also be cool to see South Africa brining in ammo.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Hungary
Korea
Finland
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Czech Republic
USA

Don't recall seeing any Bulgarian 7.62x39 but anyway half the list cited above is brass-cased ammo which costs over twice as much as steel case.  In any event it'll be interesting to  see if Romania & Poland can fill the gap without holding up the importers too badly.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Well 1 place that I was buying from is now off my list after this email I got...
Get Your AK-47 Ammo Before It's Banned | 7.62x39mm WPA & Tul Ammo
View Quote

And jacked it up to $299/1K.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Country - Brand
Korea    - PMC
Finland. - Lapua
Bulgaria - New production Arsenal ( Circle 10 surplus was imported in the past with Hebrew writing on the cans, I had 3 crates)
Serbia.   - PPU
Czech R. - S&B
U.S.         - Winchester and Remington. My local Walmart has 40 round packs at a hefty premium.

I also believe there was Cheetah? ammo from Zimbabwe back in the day. It would also be cool to see South Africa brining in ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hungary
Korea
Finland
Bulgaria
Serbia
Romania
Czech Republic
USA

Country - Brand
Korea    - PMC
Finland. - Lapua
Serbia.   - PPU
Czech R. - S&B

Thanks for filling those in, I've been away all day.

The Hungarian 7.62x39 is brought in and marketed as/by Fiocchi.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:55:30 PM EDT
[#39]
When it comes to anything imported, it's pretty much guaranteed to not last forever for one reason or another. If you're waiting until a panic occurs you waited too long, and have fun paying a panic price for it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#40]
There's a big difference between "panic" and knowing your enemy. We've seen what the left is willing to do to hurt gun/ammo buyers. These people, with Obama and Holder as their leaders are ruthless. They shipped guns to Mexican narco terrorists HOPING that they'd be used in violent crimes, which could then be used to promote their gun hating agenda. Yeah, no way someone willing to do that would ever sign a piece of paper banning imports of Russian ammo...

Other people make 7.62x39, but who out there is making a product as good as, say, golden tiger, at a similar price? "Just buy it from somewhere else" sounds a lot more like something a hack from the administration should be saying than what a 2A supporter should be saying. IF Obama banned Russian ammo, we'll get lower quality product at a higher price, even after the panic ends. That's not good for any of us.

IMO it's not "panicking" to do something before you get hurded onto the cattle cars. It's all about knowing your enemy and preparing for the worst. SG hasn't raised its prices. Stack it deep, says I.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Has SAM from SGammo made any posts since all of this has been going on??
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Yes, the industry forum. Says GT is flying off the shelf and they are super busy. No surprise there!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There's a big difference between "panic" and knowing your enemy. We've seen what the left is willing to do to hurt gun/ammo buyers. These people, with Obama and Holder as their leaders are ruthless. They shipped guns to Mexican narco terrorists HOPING that they'd be used in violent crimes, which could then be used to promote their gun hating agenda. Yeah, no way someone willing to do that would ever sign a piece of paper banning imports of Russian ammo...

Other people make 7.62x39, but who out there is making a product as good as, say, golden tiger, at a similar price? "Just buy it from somewhere else" sounds a lot more like something a hack from the administration should be saying than what a 2A supporter should be saying. IF Obama banned Russian ammo, we'll get lower quality product at a higher price, even after the panic ends. That's not good for any of us.

IMO it's not "panicking" to do something before you get hurded onto the cattle cars. It's all about knowing your enemy and preparing for the worst. SG hasn't raised its prices. Stack it deep, says I.

View Quote

Well stated!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got in a few thousands round I bought before knowing on the Russia gun ban. So I just looked on ammoseek and under .25 cents a round are 10's of thousands of 7.62x39 rounds for sale. No need to panic lots out there to buy and Russia isn't the only place to make this ammo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Country - Brand
Korea    - PMC
Finland. - Lapua
Serbia.   - PPU
Czech R. - S&B

View Quote

Thanks Riverine! I forgot about PPU, I actually have some in .223 and .308 but don't recall seeing a vendor with some x39 in stock. I think I actually have some S&B too, got it from Cabelas IIRC.

I thought the Red Army stuff was Ukrainian? Ahh, just checked SGammo, so should be plenty of this stuff if nothing else. Still I ordered some more GT, it's the most accurate round in my rifles, though Brown Bear does pretty well too.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks Riverine! I forgot about PPU, I actually have some in .223 and .308 but don't recall seeing a vendor with some x39 in stock. I think I actually have some S&B too, got it from Cabelas IIRC.

I thought the Red Army stuff was Ukrainian?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Country - Brand
Korea    - PMC
Finland. - Lapua
Serbia.   - PPU
Czech R. - S&B

Some of it is, supposedly the Romanian stuff has the green lacquer sealant and the Ukrainian stuff doesn't have any.
Not sure where the 5.45 is made either.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Some of it is, supposedly the Romanian stuff has the green lacquer sealant and the Ukrainian stuff doesn't have any.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Country - Brand
Korea    - PMC
Finland. - Lapua
Serbia.   - PPU
Czech R. - S&B

Gotcha.

Looks like SG has several of the brands from up above, they have some PMC and some Bulgarian ammo in addition to the Red Army stuff, looks like they carry S&B too but are out of stock. They also have Fiocchi which is Italian if i'm not mistaken.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Sam also stated not to expect anything out of Ukraine for a while, for obvious reasons.  Several of the alternative sources listed above only make brass cased ammo.  We are aware of the price difference compared to steel, yes?  .  
Are we also aware the current supply of 7.62x39 was imported a couple months ago?  When it runs low due to panic buying (justified or not) we'll have to wait & see what shows up next, and what it'll cost.  And no, am not buying or selling that caliber, don't work for any vendor, and am as sick of this political bullshit as everyone else is.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Screaming "don't panic" is the worst idea ever.  The market is going to go bat shit crazy no matter how hard you try to stop it. You're better off buying what you can afford now than waiting and bitching about hoarders and gougers later.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sam also stated not to expect anything out of Ukraine for a while, for obvious reasons.  Several of the alternative sources listed above only make brass cased ammo.  We are aware of the price difference compared to steel, yes?  .  
Are we also aware the current supply of 7.62x39 was imported a couple months ago?  When it runs low due to panic buying (justified or not) we'll have to wait & see what shows up next, and what it'll cost.  And no, am not buying or selling that caliber, don't work for any vendor, and am as sick of this political bullshit as everyone else is.
View Quote

That wasn't the question that was asked to prompt my response, but it should be obvious to anyone who has visited any vendor.

Not speaking of anyone in this thread, but most have a very limited understanding of the market as a whole. Take a look at the 7n6 panic thread and notice how many didn't know that commercial 5.45 even existed.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to start an attempt to shine a light on what is available (company, history, performance, construction).
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top