Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2014 1:08:48 PM EDT
Has anyone on this site shot any of this Brass cased non-corrosive ammo yet?   I would like to get some feed back as to barrel fouling and group size when shot in a  AK .  Cases are annealed and bullets have flat bases.   I like the Silver bear ammo..... but the barrel fouling is horrendous.  I think I have bought my last case of silver bear for that reason.  I reload all my brass cased 7.62x39 cases but could always use more new brass and this boxer primed Red Army Elite ammo looks good to go.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I messaged the gentleman that did this video via Facebook and asked him about fouling.  He said less than regular Russian stuff, but more than Hornady TAP.

Link Posted: 6/24/2014 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I messaged the gentleman that did this video via Facebook and asked him about fouling.  He said less than regular Russian stuff, but more than Hornady TAP.

http://youtu.be/r1l8w2dPPJI
View Quote

Indeed I did
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nice video. As usual.
View Quote

Yes, yes indeed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it boxer or berdan primed?
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Indeed I did
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/r1l8w2dPPJI

Indeed I did

Yep, nice video.  I picked up a range pack of this.  Very nice stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 11:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it boxer or berdan primed?
View Quote

SGAmmo lists it as Boxer.  Haven't checked myself.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Has anyone on this site shot any of this Brass cased non-corrosive ammo yet?   I would like to get some feed back as to barrel fouling and group size when shot in a  AK .  Cases are annealed and bullets have flat bases.   I like the Silver bear ammo..... but the barrel fouling is horrendous.  I think I have bought my last case of silver bear for that reason.  I reload all my brass cased 7.62x39 cases but could always use more new brass and this boxer primed Red Army Elite ammo looks good to go.
View Quote

Red Army makes steel case ammo also, much closer to the price of Silver Bear than this, although if you want brass cased ammo it's probably a good deal also. Haven't shot the Red Army brass yet but ran 100 rounds of the RA steel and seemed to burn as clean as GT which I think is the cleanest burning foreign ammo. Last I looked SGAmmo had RA steel for 26 cents/round.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is the SGAmmo listing for the Red Army Standard Elite

180 round range pack - 7.62x39 - Copper Non-Magnetic FMJ - Brass Case - Red Army Standard Ammo made in Bosnia by Igman - AM1930A

123 grain Flat base bullet similar to M67 ball, non-corrosive priming. Lacquer sealer primer pocked and case mouth sealed with a black lucas. Brass case, Boxer primer, 2013 MFG
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
"Red Army makes steel case ammo also, much closer to the price of Silver Bear than this, although if you want brass cased ammo it's probably a good deal also. Haven't shot the Red Army brass yet but ran 100 rounds of the RA steel and seemed to burn as clean as GT which I think is the cleanest burning foreign ammo. Last I looked SGAmmo had RA steel for 26 cents/round."

Red Army doesn't make anything.  It's just a brand name Century puts on ammunition they import from various sources.  Ukraine, Bosnia, Romania, etc.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top