Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2014 1:28:49 PM EDT
This is probably 6 one way, half dozen the other but I'm just curious.

If the price is the same, what do you think is preferrable Silver Bear or Wolf Military Classic?

How about that Red Army Standard stuff I see.  How does that stack up?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they are all pretty good ammo, I have some of each. I prefer the Silver Bear, for no particular reason other than I think it looks cool.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#2]
in my experience the wolf and silver bear performed equally at 100 yards.  will be trying at 200 yards next with some 69gr.

suggest buying some of each flavor and testing with your rifle
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I would think that the Silver Bear would have better corrosion protection. That would be a plus for me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:27:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Current Silver Bear and WOLF MC are both made by Barnaul at the same factory. One has a zinc plated case the other is polymer. This is the only difference.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Current Silver Bear and WOLF MC are both made by Barnaul at the same factory. One has a zinc plated case the other is polymer. This is the only difference.
View Quote

This. As long as they come out of the same plant, get whatever is cheaper. There's going to be no difference.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I ordered a little bit of both just to try them out.  They were almost the exact same price anyway.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top