Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2014 5:30:49 AM EDT
I've read that CLP is a great overall lube/cleaner but I've also read it's not as good as a lubricant as EWG. I want to use this for an AK, if that matters.

Which one should I buy? I'd buy both, but I don't have the time to test them and find which one is better.

I know one isn't going to be "better" then the other as they're two different products, but I'd like some opinions on the matter.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Hornady One Shot HD-EXTREME has gotten excellent reviews in tests....prior to that I used Slip 2000 EWL
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
No question:  Slip.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both. And they work great but I like the slip it seems to work better and last longer in the lube areas
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 1:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both. And they work great but I like the slip it seems to work better and last longer in the lube areas
View Quote

Is CLP any good at rust prevention?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 8:46:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should help. But a clean rifle and  dry storage is best
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
In my opinion, when you use a 1 product does it all, it's a compromise vs a cleaner like Hoppe's # 9, & then a lube. GARY
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Slip 2000
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I prefer slip or FP-10 for CLP's......over 32 degrees and I am greasing my AK's though.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top