Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/20/2014 10:24:32 PM EDT
What would you suggest I have on hand as a basic maintenance kit for my Arsenal SAMSF? Things like replacement springs, extractor, bolt? etc.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 12:07:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy parts from Apex, K-Var (Arsenal) and Russiansurplus.net.

Especially good customer service from Apex.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 9:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an Arsenal SAM7,SLR107.I bought TWO of the following-spring kit,G2 trigger group,bolt rebuild kit.More than likely i'll never need a single bit of it!But it sure does feel good having all those spares in a waterproof container in my bug out bag .
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 11:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]
More than likely, springs wearing out would be my only concern with the AK.  Search the web for broken AK bolts...it really just doesn't happen enough to be an issue.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What would you suggest I have on hand as a basic maintenance kit for my Arsenal SAMSF? Things like replacement springs, extractor, bolt? etc.

Thanks.
View Quote

For sure have at least one of every spring two would be better. I'd add a hammer/trigger/disconnector, the U.S. ones can and do break. I've witnessed U.S. hammers break after a few thousand rounds and a couple broke after a few hundred rounds. A spare firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, extractor, ext. spring and pin. The retaining pins usually never break but can get lost. AK bolts are pretty strong and rarely break. Besides you can't just swap an AK bolt like an AR. AK bolts are headspaced individually to each rifle.

ETA: I should add that yes I am a so-called 13'er but I've owned AKs since the early 1980s and have several with over 10,000 rounds fired through each rifle. Those rounds weren't fired from a bench but from various fighting positions in all weather and I've taken several professional classes as well. I was shooting combat type courses in the woods and swamps on local farms when they were virtually unheard of outside of the military or police circles. I'm not bragging nor am I saying I'm an expert just stating that I have some experience and you're 13'er crap means nothing.
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For sure have at least one of every spring two would be better. I'd add a hammer/trigger/disconnector, the U.S. ones can and do break. I've witnessed U.S. hammers break after a few thousand rounds and a couple broke after a few hundred rounds. A spare firing pin, firing pin retaining pin, extractor, ext. spring and pin. The retaining pins usually never break but can get lost. AK bolts are pretty strong and rarely break. Besides you can't just swap an AK bolt like an AR. AK bolts are headspaced individually to each rifle.

ETA: I should add that yes I am a so-called 13'er but I've owned AKs since the early 1980s and have several with over 10,000 rounds fired through each rifle. Those rounds weren't fired from a bench but from various fighting positions in all weather and I've taken several professional classes as well. I was shooting combat type courses in the woods and swamps on local farms when they were virtually unheard of outside of the military or police circles. I'm not bragging nor am I saying I'm an expert just stating that I have some experience and you're 13'er crap means nothing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

+1
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

So on those rifles with over 10k rounds through, have you had to change any parts?
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top