Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2014 6:48:17 PM EDT
I got to test fire my golani and put 10 rounds throw it last week ,and have not fired may saiga yet should I wait until I put 100 rounds throw both the rifles or clean ,and oil them now,also would m pro 7 be ok to use on them?
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 12:07:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Clean?

AK?

Surely you jest.

In all seriousness, (unless you're shooting 7N6, which is corrosive and should be cleaned as soon as) I wouldn't clean it too terribly often. I expect my new AK to be able to run 500 rounds trouble free with only a quick wipe-down with a Hoppes covered rag to get the preservative off; in fact I'd be a little pissed if it couldn't.

After that, probably every thousand rounds or so.

Cleaning too often is usually worse than not cleaning enough.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Most ak ammo that people are shooting is tula or wolf or some crap. I shoot it too. I dont trust it to be non corrosive.  If is says made in eastrn Europe on it I assume it is corrosive.  All that cheap ammo is made in the same plants that current production corrosive military ammo is made in. It is easy for some moron to grab the wrong primers. I just clean after every session. But im anal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
after every time I shoot it. I dont do white glove inspection clean, but the bore, bolt, and lug channels at least get a wipe down.
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 1:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
after every time I shoot it. I dont do white glove inspection clean, but the bore, bolt, and lug channels at least get a wipe down.
View Quote

This^^^.  You should clean any firearm as soon as possible after shooting. The Russians as well as the Europeans who use the AK have a very strict cleaning regimen. Their manuals even state they are to clean their AK in any lull during combat and their officers and NCOs make sure they do. The only people who don't clean their AK are stupid Americans, some Africans and third worlders.
Some of the 7,62x39 ammo labeled non-corrosive has turned out to be primed with corrosive primers.
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top