Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2013 1:23:58 PM EDT
So, i decided to get a WW AK74, B grade - http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/ak74riflewuspartsw1magonlycodeb -as my first gun. and changing the furniture to a Timbersmith: http://www.timbersmithusa.com/products/ak/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=3

It doesn't have a hole for the AK cleaning kit you keep in your gun, and since i have large hands i plan on changing the grip, is there any grips out there with space for a cleaning kit or at least the contents of one?

Mod's if necessary move the thread to appropriate place.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of the AK mag bags have pockets for the oil bottle and cleaning kit. The underfolder stock didn't have storage space for the cleaning capsule either. There is also some dead space behind the lower handguard under the front of the receiver.

H
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 3:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
US Palm grip will fit the contents but not the "container".
You'll love the US Palm grip if you have big hands; I do, and I can't stand the issue child size AK grip.
Its got a Glock Gen 3 kind of texture to it, and it snugs your hand up to the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Just an idea....you could remove the buttplate and drill out just enough room for the tube?  Kinda a PITA to get to, removing the screws and all...but an idea none the less.
Link Posted: 2/14/2014 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The underbarrel cleaning rod is certainly convenient for punching out a stuck case in a hurry, should that be necessary, but the remainder of the "pill" cleaning kit does not contain enough materials for effective cleaning in my opinion.  I carry an actual cleaning kit with every tool I imagine I'd need, plus patches and a rag and some oil.  I fail to see a need to attach it to the rifle.   my stocks are all triangle folders, and while I could tape the pill inside the Bulgarian stock, it works just fine to have everything in a small pouch in my buttpack or backpack.

Link Posted: 2/16/2014 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
You all make valid points, while i have switched from the waffen (due to QC Issues and the fact most ammo is corrosive, which is a no-go for Florida) to an arsenal in 7.62 .

I'm also looking at getting the Magpul AK  grip, and noticed this,the tools seem similar, minus the AR only bits. or do you think the AK version would fit in the Ergo AK grip?

OR

I make my own cleaning kit out of parts that can fit in the ergo grip and keep it for a rainy day.

Of course i'll clean my rifle with a normal cleaning kit, and keep on in the field, but you never know
Page AK-47 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top