Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/7/2017 1:37:41 PM EDT
Ak 74 to Ak556. Besides the barrel, what else is needed for conversion? I've see a mix of responses, does the bolt need to be swapped? I understand I can make 545 mags work with it. Using a Virgin unconverted saiga74. Or might use a m74 if it would be better.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't do it to the Saiga, personally. Definitely do it to the Century as there would be no real loss of value. Many people are lucky just changing out the barrel. I would change that first and see. If it doesn't work, then go from there. If anything, the only other thing I see people change if needed is the extractor. Rarely have I seen someone that NEEDED to change the bolt.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I think I'll go ahead and buy that barrel for my m74.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a Saiga, but I have a Bulgarian AK-74 build with a 5.56 barrel. Everything else is original except the magazines.

No issues extracts perfectly and no case bulges.  The magazines are the biggest issue. Avoid the clear circle 10's.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top