Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/16/2017 9:47:49 AM EDT
I need some input.  I bought a Romanian parts kit, sans barrel, years ago for a future AK build.  A few years later I bought a NoDakSpud NDS-3 receiver and put it away as well for the future.

Well a new gunsmith just opened up in the area and has experience with building AK's so I thought I would pull the parts out of the closet and drop them off to get built.  I still needed to buy an American-made trigger and a barrel first.

I've ordered the barrel but when I went to buy a trigger I started looking for the standard G2 and then saw info from Tapco that says not to use in my receiver.  So I went and looked at one of the new ALG triggers and I've seen mention that there are potential problems with that as well

Should I buy a new receiver, let the gunsmith fix whatever issue comes up, or is there a different trigger that would work with this receiver that I already have?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Does Tapco say what the issues are? Never seen that warning. I've put dozens of their trigger sets in NoDakSpud  receivers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does Tapco say what the issues are? Never seen that warning. I've put dozens of their trigger sets in NoDakSpud  receivers.
View Quote
The warning used to be on NoDak's website, but it looks like it's not there anymore. Maybe they fixed the issue in current receivers?
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I should have put a link.

"*Note: INTRAFUSE G2 Trigger Groups are not compatible with the Saiga platform. INTRAFUSE G2 Trigger Groups are also not compatible with NoDak Spud NDS-3 and NDS-65 "economy" receivers. In some cases, the use of these two products together can create accidental double firing of the firearm."

https://www.childersguns.com/Tapco-G2-Trigger-Group-Single
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top