Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2017 12:27:16 PM EDT
As the subject says, looking for any first-hand experiences with the PSA BLEM barreled AK receiver. I've watched a few videos from other hobbyists and I see there are some problems evident with this set, just wondering if anyone has had additional problems.

BLUF: I am looking for a cheap AK that I can work on myself for use as a ranch carbine or just leave in the truck.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and it runs fine.  I have not had any issues with it short of having to trim up a lower hand guard out of my parts box so it would fit under the trunnion.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and have had no problems. Rivets looked good, everything is straight.  Better than I expected actually.

For the price they are the best deal going right now.  I bought the $99 build kit so for $458 I have a nice functioning AK.

For what you are wanting it for you can't go wrong....Mine lives on the 4 wheeler
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to my PSA today and bought one, everything looks good. They didn't have any build kits though. I ordered one from their web sight. I can't wait until the kit gets here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one, if there is a blemish I can't find it, I assembled it in a few minutes and it runs perfectly. I sold my WASR after I shot the PSAK for a days, it's a good rifle, and it lives on my Kawasaki mule.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine had several minor issues.

The slant brake needed sanded down to fit tight.

The gas tube needed shortened a little to be removable without tools.

The magazine catch needed trimmed before any magazine would lock.

The front sight post was bound in elevation.  PSA said nothing was wrong with that when I returned it and tills me to buy a tool the don't carry to move it.

The Arsenal front sight tool broke it loose.

Since then, it's run fine and has proven to be an accurate shooter.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one on the way. Hoping since I bought a Gen 2 and forged "Liberty" model I won't have any issues. 
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top