Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/24/2017 7:33:15 PM EDT
I watched the kitchen tabletop AK build a few months ago, and the guy swore by Toth Tools. Looks pretty simple and straightforward, no need for a floor press etc. Has anyone used any of these tools on a build? Would you recommend them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:24:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the bolt cutter jaws on the short rivets on both of my SBR rear tunnion conversions, they worked great.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal! I'm excited about building up a bunch of old kits I bought years ago for a Winter project. I figure all the tooling that I'll need from them will be around $600. Not a bad investment at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a $100 press and made my own tools for way cheaper than $600

I have some unfinished ones in a box upstairs

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
everything in the pic was under $300

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:41:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I used the Toth barrel press for ak47, 74, and psl builds. I have no regrets with buying it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the toth tool ak barrel tool and Ak rivet jaws I'm not using anymore. I can let en go for $120 shipped. Only used them on 2 builds.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#7]
For about three dollars & a little time with an angle grinder you can fashion a 3/4" grade 8 bolt into a good short riveting tool.

Many other AK building tools can be made with a little thought & a little elbow grease.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I just finished a Hungarian ak63d build. I bought the Toth barrel install and barrel populating tool. They were fantastic and very easy to use. I borrowed the rivet squeezers for the bolt cutter handles and the trigger guard rivet squeezers from a friend that had them. All of the tooling was very easy to use and I'm glad I did it that way. I ended up selling the tools I bought afterwards and recouped my costs. I followed ginsboy2003 on YouTube religiously.

Mad props to the guys out there making their own tooling. Looks great guys and I love the ingenuity
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#9]
are they they ones that make the threaded barrel install tool?  if so that thing LOVES to bend barrels.  it's downright expert at doing so.

the barrel POPULATING tool is great and very handy.  but that allthread-based install tool loves to get all askew and slip off, or it'll just bend the piss out of your barrel.  saw several people at a build party leave very unhappy.  i'll stick to the AKB method.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top