Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/14/2017 1:46:19 PM EDT
As low as $11.99 each in quantity depending on how complete they are. Here da link. I am sure they are decent, OOW makes good stuff. OOW AK Receiver Blowout
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Only spot heat treated. Not ideal. But better than nothing, I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't understand why they are required to ship to FFL. I see no trunnion holes. These have got to be 80%ers. Plus, what makes one a AK74 vs. AK47 if there are no trunnion holes yet?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:52:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand why they are required to ship to FFL. I see no trunnion holes. These have got to be 80%ers. Plus, what makes one a AK74 vs. AK47 if there are no trunnion holes yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The majority of AK receivers don't come with the holes for the trunnion (front at least) as the alignment is dependent on your particular trunnion. Much along the lines of AR lowers, AK receivers are considered 80% when they lack the ability to install the FCG and safety. Like these:

http://armsofamerica.com/polish-tantal-receiver-blank-5-45x39-1.aspx

Quoted:
Ejector length difference between the 47 and the 74 .

Plus the size of the magwell opening.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
OOW is a good receiver.

Not in the same class as a NDS or Childers but a good receiver and better than most DIY home bend up jobs.
I have built a few rifles on them without issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I've built a few on OOW receivers the only problem I have with them is where they put their name stamp. It is hell to put a rail on the side without covering it up. I have to hollow out the back side of the rail to keep from covering up the ITM arms co name. You can't easily see it but it is not covered up totally. Why can't they put their name in front of the mag well like everyone else.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top