Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2016 10:13:03 PM EDT
Having a hard time finding a parts kit. Anyone know a good place that might have some in stock?..

How hard would it be to order every part separately?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:03:44 AM EDT
[#1]
http://armsofamerica.com/
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 1:21:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Joebob Outfitters

I just bought 2 and they shipped free.

PSA has them in stock with free shipping too.

ETA: Sorry, I assumed AR kit. That's what I get for not  reading what sub forum I'm in.

Link Posted: 10/30/2016 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Having a hard time finding a parts kit. Anyone know a good place that might have some in stock?..

How hard would it be to order every part separately?
View Quote

Assuming you are looking for AK kits I have seen some posted on the AKfiles.
What are you looking for?
Ordering individual parts for AKs gets expensive.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Well I wish I knew.. I have a Childers polish marked 80% so I'm looking for every other piece needed. I didn't see any in stock at PSA :/
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Romanian M63 kits at Arms of America are the best deal out there. $299 without barrels and with matching bolts/trunnions is prob the best you'll find.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the tips, I'm checking these out. What if I wanted to build a sporter with blasting furniture and piece by piece? What are the best sited for individual parts ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the tips, I'm checking these out. What if I wanted to build a sporter with blasting furniture and piece by piece? What are the best sited for individual parts ?
View Quote

The same places that have the kits, but buying piece by piece will cost much more than buying the kit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Romanian M63 kits at Arms of America are the best deal out there. $299 without barrels and with matching bolts/trunnions is prob the best you'll find.
View Quote

The more I got to thinking about those $299 kits, I just had to have a few more. Not sure if I'll build them or save them for the future. But I have some on order, you can never have too many I have been told. LOL
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
buy a Polish AKM kit, Polish rivets, Polish barrel (from AK-builder) to go with your Polish receiver and get it professionally built.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey not to hijack but could anyone recommend a cheap kit to start on? I've been watching videos and this seems like it might become my next addiction.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey not to hijack but could anyone recommend a cheap kit to start on? I've been watching videos and this seems like it might become my next addiction.
View Quote

No such thing as a cheap kit now days. If Trump opens up the borders to import kits again the prices my drop a little but I doubt if they will ever be low enough to call cheap.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:18:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No such thing as a cheap kit now days. If Trump opens up the borders to import kits again the prices my drop a little but I doubt if they will ever be low enough to call cheap.
View Quote

Some of the Bulgarian parts kits seemed pretty cheap. Unfortunately they're all out of stock that I find.

Oh man, I'm about do impulse buy my first parts kit. If anyone can stop me, please do so. I'm going to order at midnight.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/600879355
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:59:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Some of the Bulgarian parts kits seemed pretty cheap. Unfortunately they're all out of stock that I find.

Oh man, I'm about do impulse buy my first parts kit. If anyone can stop me, please do so. I'm going to order at midnight.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/600879355
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Back in the day I bought 4 Bulgarian parts kits with original barrels for $125 ea. And an extra $20 would get you a 4 mag pack. Now that was cheap, just wish I still had them.

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:51:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Back in the day I bought 4 Bulgarian parts kits with original barrels for $125 ea. And an extra $20 would get you a 4 mag pack. Now that was cheap, just wish I still had them.
http://i66.tinypic.com/27zan9x.jpg
View Quote

Those were the good days, for sure. I recently stumbled on an ad I put up on the FAL Files back in 2006 where I was selling brand new Romy G barreled kits for $90 a piece shipped and I wanted to cry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#17]
"Those were the good days, for sure. I recently stumbled on an ad I put up on the FAL Files back in 2006 where I was selling brand new Romy G barreled kits for $90 a piece shipped and I wanted to cry."

I didn't buy from you, but I did buy three Romy G barreled kits for $90 each  around 2006 !  Had a build party in my basement and we built probably 20 kits in one day, from bending the flat to final assembly!  I had them professionally cerokoted a few years ago. All three shoot and cycle well.

At the time, I was kicking myself because folks were saying how they bought kits for $50 just a couple of years before...
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:02:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah there was a guy called Josh back in the day and I remember kits from him that had light rust freckling were $59!! Or mint $99. Bunch a handful from him over a couple of years.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#19]
$300ish Amd65s

https://rguns.net/shop/category/ak-47-parts-kits/

Where I got mine a while back. They have Bulgy 74's too for $310.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:28:55 AM EDT
[#20]
http://whatacountry.com/parts-kits.aspx

These guys still got some polish underfolder kits. i just ordered 2 of the Bulgarian milled underfolder kits from them.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top