Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/30/2016 5:42:20 PM EDT
I have been asked again to show a few pics of the mag release I designed a few years back.. there are a few out there in circulation still.. but here  are a few pics of my personal rifle...
yes it does drop free, I tilt the rifle down in the front while slightly pressing the release...

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Having not seen the original post, is this an idea we can use to make something similar for ourselves..................... if so I see some file time, a little  drill work, and some cold blue in my future.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Having not seen the original post, is this an idea we can use to make something similar for ourselves..................... if so I see some file time, a little  drill work, and some cold blue in my future.
View Quote

tried to sell the Idea years ago when AK's were hot and cheap... I don't think anyone ever ran with it... so have at it if you would like. I first came up with the idea about 10 years ago...I was looking for an edge when shooting with my AR buddies. thay all had very quick mag changes... so I put one on my  SLR-101 ...took me a bit to get used to the mag switch but after a few it is almost as fast as an AR mag change. I was talked out of that gun by a friend hope he still has it... then I improved the design a bit on the next 4 rifles I built from "G" kits...  this is the last one I did... I paid $100 for a POS broken WASR.. I rebuilt the entire rifle... the only thing left original is the trunnion/barrel and receiver.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for letting me have a crack at it. When I get my version built I will post up my pics. Could be a little while though as i am spending 95% of my time in the new store.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I want one of these, actually I want several!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Neat!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top