Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/18/2016 6:17:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If by Bulgarian you mean a Bulgarian AK-74, then yes. Yes, they are very nice shells and are produced by a military factory. Now, they won't be "correct" for a Bulgarian build if you're concerned about that, they're also a fairly involved build process using one of those blanks. If you don't have access to a heat treating setup I would suggest buying one of the pre-hardened shells from Childers:

https://www.childersguns.com/AK-Receiver-Blanks-80-Percent-heat-treated/AK-74-blank-rails
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
with that receiver you will need to heat treat the receiver and if done incorrectly it can warp and also you will have to spot-weld the receiver rails which are not included and would have to buy separate. I went with the nodak spud receivers that were already heat treated and the rails spot welded just need to drill the holes to fit the trunnions. I also heard that childers makes good receivers too. but if you have a spot welder and know how to heat treat then you can go with that. or go with the ak-builder flat and then bend it to get where this receive is and save some $$$ and the receiver rails are included. ak-builder makes good stuff and I bought most of my stuff from them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with the nodak spud receivers that were already heat treated and the rails spot welded just need to drill the holes to fit the trunnions.
View Quote

I'm not aware that NoDak Spud sells 80% receivers. Link?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok TY all for the advise, I think I'll spend a little extra and go with the Childer's.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.nodakspud.com/AK%20Receivers.htm I bought a ak 74 and a polish underfolder from them great receivers. I went with the blemish ak 74 and it was in great condition and I could not tell the difference than by polish underfolder receiver and save some $$$ by buying it.

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I went with the nodak spud receivers that were already heat treated and the rails spot welded just need to drill the holes to fit the trunnions.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.nodakspud.com/AK%20Receivers.htm I bought a ak 74 and a polish underfolder from them great receivers. I went with the blemish ak 74 and it was in great condition and I could not tell the difference than by polish underfolder receiver and save some $$$ by buying it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay, those are 100% receivers. That's why I was confused.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with a recreator blank recently. Was more than happy with it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top