Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/26/2016 12:37:48 PM EDT
I recently bought a formed (but not drilled) Polish receivers from Copes. I ask for set of receiver rails and rivet sets that will work with this receiver. They sent a Polish AKM/AKMS original receiver rail set and an AKM rivet set, will these work with the receiver I ordered? I know next to nothing about building AK's, I have an SLR 100 AK and really like it. Thanks for any advice.

Steve .........
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Don't drill the 3rd axis pin hole
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I just googled the AK third pin hole and I'll be sure and not drill that one.

Steve..........
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just googled the AK third pin hole and I'll be sure and not drill that one.

Steve..........
View Quote

You got that right!
You don't even want to make a scratch in that location, it could be misconstrued as an attempt to build FA.
Happy Building!
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:40:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Those Polish blanks and rails need to be fully heat treated before you start working on them.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top