Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2016 11:51:12 AM EDT
And what flat do I need to build it?

I know it's a 5.45x39 but that's about all I know.

My cousin was a foreman on oil drilling rigs in Utah when one of his workers got into a little trouble and had to forfeit his firearms. The guy's lawyer stripped all of his guns destroyed the receivers and sold off the other parts to help pay his fees. My cousin knew I was into building guns and sent me the AK74.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
1986 Tula AKS-74u parts kit. Barrel looks intact, which if it's an original Tula AKSu barrel then it's worth A LOT. The kit itself is already worth quite a bit even if the barrel is a Bulgarian or a cut down '74. Looks like you still need the stock, and the correct stock would be a rolled strut/ribbed buttplate triangle stock, which are harder to find than the newer straight strut/smooth buttplate triangle stocks. But they are out there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I have the stock but I can't use it here in Commiefornia. I'll have to build this as a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
This was all one original gun before the receiver was destroyed.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I have the stock but I can't use it here in Commiefornia. I'll have to build this as a pistol.
View Quote

Can't you build it with the stock permanently in the closed position? Like the PPS-43c pistols?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can't you build it with the stock permanently in the closed position? Like the PPS-43c pistols?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not with the short barrel.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Curious - why not?  If the stock is fixed closed, then it's no different than duct taping a piece of wood to the side - it doesn't change anything.  Yes, it would be more difficult to mount a side-rail scope, but if it can't be fired from the shoulder, it's not a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Curious - why not?  If the stock is fixed closed, then it's no different than duct taping a piece of wood to the side - it doesn't change anything.  Yes, it would be more difficult to mount a side-rail scope, but if it can't be fired from the shoulder, it's not a rifle.
View Quote

I misread the reply and was thinking he meant to pin the stock open. I guess I could pin the stock closed but it seems like that would just add weight with no purpose.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Why destroy the receivers?

If he was truly a prohibited person, just have the attorney sell them as live firearms.  Worth WAY more that way I would think?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why destroy the receivers?

If he was truly a prohibited person, just have the attorney sell them as live firearms.  Worth WAY more that way I would think?
View Quote

I was out of the loop on that decision, maybe the SBR paperwork? Maybe it wasn't property registered and was ordered destroyed???
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top