Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/21/2015 1:01:34 AM EDT
Hello All, I'm a total noob at AKs, so be easy on me

I installed a new sight drum into the front sight block, but the threading was not completely at top dead center for the sight post.

Can I merely take a hardened bolt and thread it into the drum to facilitate torquing the bolt head, via a small hammer, to correct the orientation or just simply remove and try, try again?
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello All, I'm a total noob at AKs, so be easy on me

I installed a new sight drum into the front sight block, but the threading was not completely at top dead center for the sight post.

Can I merely take a hardened bolt and thread it into the drum to facilitate torquing the bolt head, via a small hammer, to correct the orientation or just simply remove and try, try again?
View Quote
Just remove the sight post, push out the drum and start over. It should be pretty easy.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Check-raiser,

In theory, yes, if you have a bolt and can get it in the threads, yes you could then tap the bolt to rotate the drum. There is a little bit of elongation of the clearance 'slot' to accommodate being off front-to-back. IF you have the correct threaded bolt (metric?).
Like Carbine said, its probably easier to tap it out, line it up and use a pencil mark of alignment then re-install it. Been there myself, ...just last week! If it's your PSAK47, mine lined up dead center. The trunnions may suck but the sights are straight...

Jeff.       GlockRocket34
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top