Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:42:31 PM EDT
Looking to build a Polish Underfolder AK-47. I will have a friend help me who has experience with AK builds and has a vast array of tools and equipment.

I am looking at a parts kit that appears to have been demilled properly and still has all the original parts except receiver, barrel, and fun switch parts of course.

I will most likely be using AK Builder as my source for parts and the barrel. What does everyone recommend for a barrel and receiver? I am thinking Nodak on the receiver.

As for the FCG I am thinking Tapco G2. Is it possible to re-use the hammer and/or trigger? Anyone have a better idea for the FCG parts?

I assume the standard rivet kit will work with this build? How about the trigger guard rivets? I know they can be a source of headaches.

Also what does everyone recommend I finish the rifle with? I intend to sandblast all the parts and right now I am thinking duracoat. Does anyone else have any ideas for a final coat and what color would be best?

Sorry for all the questions, I am still in the research stage but ready to buy the parts kit, assembly parts, receiver, and barrel.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 4:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Receiver - Nodak Spud makes excellent receivers and they ship quick.
Barrel - Atlantic Firearms has a very good Nitride treated barrel in 4150 steel. Green Mountain barrels are top shelve. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/ak47-4150-nitride-detail.html?Itemid=0
Standard river kit should work but I'm not 100% sure on this.
KG Gun Kote works well. Brownells has it in a rattle gun but Brownells color selection is very limited.
ALG triggers are really nice and affordable. Better than Tapco IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah for the receiver go with the nodak spud receivers
for the barrel ak-builder has some good barrels. I think that he gets the blanks  from green mountain and turns them down.and people like the green mountain barrels also there are the factory polish barrels that some places are selling that are CHF and don't have threads so you would need to get them threaded.
I wish you the best in your build....
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top