Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2015 11:13:48 AM EDT
I am trying to finish up a project and I am curious on the journal sizing of two fsb/gb that kvar sells. My barrel is .590 at the gas block, will either of these combos work? Ive sent an email off to kvar, but I havent had a response yet.

ak-142b
kr-008b
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am trying to finish up a project and I am curious on the journal sizing of two fsb/gb that kvar sells. My barrel is .590 at the gas block, will either of these combos work? Ive sent an email off to kvar, but I havent had a response yet.

ak-142b
kr-008b
View Quote

For one, each of those sights are different. One is for a AKSU and the other is for a AK 105 type rifle (or Bulgarian "CR") There is a sight tower height difference between the two. The AK142 can use a standard rear sight  to work with it, while the KR008 needs a krinkov hinged dustcover sight.
Aside from that, I know the Bulgarina AK142 is ~.590 in diameter and is suppose to go right where the standard 90degrree gas block is on a Bulgarian 74. The gas port hole should line up and the diameter should be correct. This info can be double checked by doing a google search.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top