Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/13/2015 4:26:21 PM EDT
I recently purchased a second hand Century Arms AKMS. Everything on it locks up and there is no major issues except one thing. Head Spacing. I checked out the head spacing and it failed. How much do you guys think the average cost is to repair something like this?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
It's used so technically it passes as long as it doesn't close on a FIELD gauge.

I say that because I'm not sure what you tested it with, and assume you might have used a no-go gauge.

Try joining akfiles.com and sending a PM to "gunplumber".  He seems to be a well regarded AK smith.

Unless you just populate a new barrel I think you have to either set it back and drill it for an oversize pin, or
weld up the slot and re-drill the barrel pin hole.

Personally I think if I was shooting com-bloc steel cased ammo in an AK I would just shoot the thing as long
as it didn't close on a field gage.  It's Century Arms and an AK so we aren't exactly talking about a precision
made weapon.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
As already stated, need to know how you checked it.
If it's off you can probably drill it for an over sized pin and reset it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top