Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/26/2015 5:59:27 PM EDT
hey all

FOr Xmas my brother got me an 80% lower..  

my question is  can i  take that ak47 lower and use it to make a saga shot gun?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Would you have the rest of the parts?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I know that... I am wondering if the lower is the same as a saga lower.. if so i can get the parts
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
AR = Lower

AK = receiver

I don't know why some people won't learn the proper terminology to get the job done.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
They're both receivers are they not?

AR = Lower RECEIVER ?

Don't know much about AK's, but I'd like to know if this is possible for future reference myself.  I don't see why not, but like I said I know crap all about AK's.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Sort answer is no.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Like the above poster, the short answer is No.  The receiver tolerances are different, by that I mean I think the 20g Saiga shotgun uses a 1mm receiver and the 12 gauge uses a 1.6.  On top of that, the center support rivet is different and I don't think the magazines would fit right.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Like the above poster, the short answer is No.  The receiver tolerances are different, by that I mean I think the 20g Saiga shotgun uses a 1mm receiver and the 12 gauge uses a 1.6.  On top of that, the center support rivet is different and I don't think the magazines would fit right.
View Quote
This ----^

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top