Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/11/2015 8:52:01 PM EDT
So like it says in the topic, I have an Arsenal SGL-21 and I'd like to change out the muzzle brake for a slant brake. I understand I need to remove the FSB and replace it. Can I replace it with one that has the correct threading for a slant break? Is a press required for this project? I'm also thinking about having the barrel chopped or going 14.5 or whatever the AK equivalent is of that with a pinned muzzle device. That is obviously something I'll need to send it off to get done. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Slant brakes thread directly to the barrel so you'll need an AKM front sight block and to have the barrel threaded to 14x1LH.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#2]
As was stated,  you needed the akm fsb and have Barrel threaded. I wouldn't bother of it were mine though.  Slant brakes do nothing in semi. If the blast from the current brake bothers you, replace it with a flash suppressor. That's just me though...
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure bbl diameter is big enough for 14mm threads under the fsb. 1/2" yes. If your sending it out to a smith for a chop, he can make it happen.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top