BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/30/2014 7:26:03 PM EDT
where can i get rivets for a 762 side folder build ? thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
It may not be ideal, but you can just buy two sets, 1x set of AKM and  1x AK-74 sidefolder for the front and rear respectively.  

AK Builder rivets
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of sidefolder, triangle?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as I have ever seen there isn't anyone making a specific Khyber pass set of rivets.  With the existing rivet sets the problem is this-  The number of swell neck rivets for the front trunnion is different between an AK-74 and an AKM.  AKM trunnion has 2 swell neck rivets, the AK-74 has 4.  If you buy the sidefolder rivet set you will have the correct rear rivets, but will have four swell neck rivets in the front, whereas you only need two, and because of that you will be two short of the flat rivets.

3 solutions I can think of  

1- Buy 1 of each set.  Hey extras are always a good thing right?  You never know when you will screw one up and want to replace it. Buying two sets  nets you a bunch of replacements.  

2- Buy the AK-74 sidefolder set and countersink two of the trunnion holes in the AKM trunnion that would have normally taken a flat rivet.

3-  Call Curtis (AKbuilder) and ask him if he would sell you a AK-74 sidefolder rivet set with a couple of extra flat rivets so you could do the front of the AKM trunnion up right.   I bet you he would be more than happy to do that, he is a good guy and very customer service friendly.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As far as I have ever seen there isn't anyone making a specific Khyber pass set of rivets.  With the existing rivet sets the problem is this-  The number of swell neck rivets for the front trunnion is different between an AK-74 and an AKM.  AKM trunnion has 2 swell neck rivets, the AK-74 has 4.  If you buy the sidefolder rivet set you will have the correct rear rivets, but will have four swell neck rivets in the front, whereas you only need two, and because of that you will be two short of the flat rivets.

3 solutions I can think of  

1- Buy 1 of each set.  Hey extras are always a good thing right?  You never know when you will screw one up and want to replace it. Buying two sets  nets you a bunch of replacements.  

2- Buy the AK-74 sidefolder set and countersink two of the trunnion holes in the AKM trunnion that would have normally taken a flat rivet.

3-  Call Curtis (AKbuilder) and ask him if he would sell you a AK-74 sidefolder rivet set with a couple of extra flat rivets so you could do the front of the AKM trunnion up right.   I bet you he would be more than happy to do that, he is a good guy and very customer service friendly.
View Quote

The AKM under folder rivet set at ak builder will work for the khyber.
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
yes triangle

Quoted:
What type of sidefolder, triangle?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2014 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#8]
yes this is for the kyber pass build. ill buy two sets, whatever is needed.
how do i contact curtis / ak builder ? does he do builds ?
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
yes this is for the kyber pass build. ill buy two sets, whatever is needed.
how do i contact curtis / ak builder ? does he do builds ?
View Quote

No need to buy 2 sets. The under folding set will work for the khyber. It has 4 short swell neck and 1 long rivet for the rest trunnion and all the front and trigger guard rivets are correct.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 2:48:57 AM EDT
[#10]
trigger gaurd is on. its a Nodak receiver. just the front and rear trunions need to be installed.
then the barrel drilled and pinned. thanks
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top