Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/24/2014 8:12:16 PM EDT
I've got a Bulgarian 74 Side folder and the stock locks up seriously tight. Its good, but to release it I need to bang the plunger with something or pin the rifle in my knees and yank on the stock (towards the closed position) to allow the plunger to release. Is there a certain way to file one of the latch parts down to make this more usable? I am hesitant to just break out the dremel and end up with a floppy stock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I took a small file to the lock up slot and went a little at a time. Works fine now.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't file anything. It will loosen as you use it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It can be challenging.  One must file/sand the latch and the slot.  Lots of Dykem to assess points of binding.  

First, the stock is adjusted for angle.  The pad on the front controls its open angle.  Often this is a trapezoidal shape.  It should be rectangular.  Most of the time, I can put the latch in the mill and and skim the inside surface to get it true, then bevel the leading edge slightly.  Truing the slot in the stock with a 1/8" cutter helps too, as often it is not straight.  Roll/break the leading edge.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top