Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/17/2014 12:29:51 PM EDT
There's a Saiga 308 at my local gun shop that has been converted with pistol grip, fcg moved forward, and had a 74 style brake that looks to be welded onto the barrel.  Though I really don't know if this conversation was done by a professional the price seems right and with the political uncertainty with Saigas I want to get it.  I've seen some guys get real decent accuracy out if these things and was wondering if the welded brake might effect the accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the uncertainty about Saiga's, exactly? They'll be un-banned same time as Norinco's...

Everything effects accuracy. The weight at the end of the barrel will change the barrel harmonics to some degree, and the bullet/blast moving through the baffle may as well. No telling on positive or negative effect until you try it. If it's more accurate with the brake on, put it back on.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I went on and picked it up, I figured for the $500 I payed for it I could take a chance and cut down the barrel if it was damaged.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:48:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt the barrel was damaged, but who knows.  Lots of idiots out there.  I think it was a good buy.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top