Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/23/2014 9:42:23 PM EDT
What X factor (ie 2x 3x rivet gun should I be looking at to set steel AK rivets and why?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 4:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe my Chicago Pneumatic is a 4x, I'll look when I get home tonight.  Keep in mind, the standard aircraft rivet sets are not made to match AK rivets.   I custom made my set from a chineses air hammer punch I cut off.  I put it in my lathe, used a 5/16 carbide endmill to open it up a little and worked it with a dremel to finish it off.  I bought a pound of steel 5/32 steel rivets and practiced some to make sure it was perfect before I shot any into a receiver.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The ak builder rivet jig is hard to beat. It will do all rivets except the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ak builder rivet jig is hard to beat. It will do all rivets except the trigger guard.
View Quote

Very true, and Tothtool makes an excellent tool that will do the trigger guard rivets.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Very true, and Tothtool makes an excellent tool that will do the trigger guard rivets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two pieces of C channel will also make an excellent tool. I had to make this one since my AK-Builder trigger guard tool wouldn't work with the big mag release on my Galil.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top