Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/2/2013 10:20:45 PM EDT
I purchased a AKS-74U krink kit a few years back for a good price. My question is... I would now like to build the kit into a pistol. However I have recently seen the new "sig pistol stabilizing brace" (see pics below if you have seen before) for the AR15 series of rifles. I would like to incorporate an AR style buffer tube into my pistol so I could use the BATFE approved arm brace on my build. My question is... who do you guys trust in the AZ area to do your AK builds. I want to make sure it's done right.

Thanks in advanced

Here is some of the hardware I'm diggin'

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 4:40:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't. In order to use that stock adapter you would need to install a standard stock trunnion as opposed to a pistol trunnion, making your AKSU an SBR. You will have to install a pistol trunnion that cannot accept a stock. Century makes an AK version of that "stabilizer", however.

Link Posted: 10/3/2013 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand what you are saying about installing the trunion that can accept a rifle stock... however, can't an AR buffer tube be modified to take a rifle stock as well? It seems to me the trunion should not count as a stock as it is only the part in which a device can be attached... be it an arm stabilizing brace or a stock depending on the route you are going.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I understand what you are saying about installing the trunion that can accept a rifle stock... however, can't an AR buffer tube be modified to take a rifle stock as well? It seems to me the trunion should not count as a stock as it is only the part in which a device can be attached... be it an arm stabilizing brace or a stock depending on the route you are going.
View Quote

Yes, but an AR requires the buffer tube for operation, so the fact that it can easily swapped out is just part of the design. The AK, however, does not require it for operation, and it's only function on an AK is for the attachment of a stock. Therefore, it's considered an SBR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Why the long face? Just use the Century one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2013 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#6]
is it metal? It looks kinda cheap... i liked the idea of the other one because it was metal.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top