Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/8/2010 6:36:21 AM EDT
I know all the "good/cheap" stuff is gone.  So in today's world, let's say a feller is gonna build an AK, just to have, who's offering reliable kits at today's fair market pricing?  I mean "reputable" vendors that won't send half a kit or a mix of Romy's Bulgarian Hawaiian fruit salad parts kits....?  Know what I mwan....????  Thanks all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It dosen't get any better than these.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=1141361
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO.. The best deal out there right now are the Egyptian Maadi kits on apexgunparts.com. Apex Egytian Maddi KitsThey come with a romanian barrel. Although I don't know the exact condition of these egyption kits, I can speak for the barrels and Apex themselves. Two weeks ago I ordered 2 of these romanian barrels from them. They are in good shape, and the inside are nice and bright and shiny. I am considering about ordering another kit myself after I recently finished 2 romainian builds. So let me know if you find any better deals out there, I have the bug to build too!
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree... I bought one of Apexs Maadi kits. The best price I could find. I used the barrel on a barrel-less kit from Centerfire Systems. I got the Romy M65 underfolder kit (w/o barrel) from Centerfire for $120. They also have M65's with barrels.... but if they're anything like the one I got, they are VERY worn in! Perfect for the battlefield pickup I JUST finished today though
Link Posted: 4/1/2010 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
IMO.. The best deal out there right now are the Egyptian Maadi kits on apexgunparts.com. Apex Egytian Maddi KitsThey come with a romanian barrel. Although I don't know the exact condition of these egyption kits, I can speak for the barrels and Apex themselves. Two weeks ago I ordered 2 of these romanian barrels from them. They are in good shape, and the inside are nice and bright and shiny. I am considering about ordering another kit myself after I recently finished 2 romainian builds. So let me know if you find any better deals out there, I have the bug to build too!

+1 I ordered one a couple weeks back and got my BIL to order a few too...

Link Posted: 4/1/2010 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The Egyptian kits with Romanian bbl's at Apex are good kits. $205

So are the M65 underfolders with bbl at Centerfire for $250

There are three of us doing our first builds right,  my brother and a good friend of ours both ordered the maddi kits and the bbls look very good and the wood stocks look good also,  at least good enough to use as is would be able to be great with a little work.

I was the oddball as I ordered the underfolder from Centerfire just because I always wanted a underfolder.  The bbl looks in great shape,  the bolt and carrier show very little ware,  the underfolder stock is in good shape and locks up tight.  The forearm is in terrible shape,  someone actually carved their name in the forearm and cut 10 deep and long hash marks in the lower forearm.  I will be replaceing the stocks with some ironwood stocks after I get the stocks in via ups and put a good finish on them.

All in all both kits are good .

these three kits are the only ones I have ever had any experience with at all.

Link Posted: 4/4/2010 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
+10000 on the Maadi Kit
Cheapest complete kit around by far at $205.
I got a couple and couldn't be more pleased.

The Egyptian/Arabic writing on the trunnion and sight add some "Haji Authenticity" to the AK.
The Romanian barrels are chrome lined and shiny.
They use the inexpensive 100% complete NDS-3 recievers that require the minimum amount of work required for a build.

Did I mention these are in Arabic? No other imported Maadi owners will have this feature.....original Egyptian Military AKM.
Link Posted: 4/6/2010 11:38:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm new to assembling and ar15.com in general.  https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/51/products_id/1058 linked above sounds like a good buy, but is it the entire weapon? What's missing?
Link Posted: 4/7/2010 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm new to building and ar15.com in general. Really interesting in building my first assault weapon. https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/51/products_id/1058 linked above sounds like a good buy, but is it the entire weapon? What's missing?

First of all the term  "assault weapon" is frowned upon. It is used by libtards to restrict our freedoms. It is missing the receiver.... Complete receivers can be bought but they require an ffl transfer... You can also buy the flats to a receiver but they need to be bent and do require some know how but they can be shipped straight to your house...... Intructions can be found on the internet....Also you need a certain amount of U.S parts in the rifle to be 922R compliant. I cant remember how many of the top of my head but it can be looked up pretty easy. An ak build is about as easy as it gets as far as building goes. Ar15's arent really "built", assembled is a better term.  You could try the weapons guild forum for some more help. They have some crazy and innovative builders over there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm new to building and ar15.com in general. Really interesting in building my first assault weapon. https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/51/products_id/1058 linked above sounds like a good buy, but is it the entire weapon? What's missing?

First of all the term  "assault weapon" is frowned upon. It is used by libtards to restrict our freedoms. It is missing the receiver.... Complete receivers can be bought but they require an ffl transfer... You can also buy the flats to a receiver but they need to be bent and do require some know how but they can be shipped straight to your house...... Intructions can be found on the internet....Also you need a certain amount of U.S parts in the rifle to be 922R compliant. I cant remember how many of the top of my head but it can be looked up pretty easy. An ak build is about as easy as it gets as far as building goes. Ar15's arent really "built", assembled is a better term.  You could try the weapons guild forum for some more help. They have some crazy and innovative builders over there.

Actually to build an asault weapon you would have to illegally manufacture a select fire or full auto AK.  Otherwise you are building a military style rifle, a semi-auto AK, etc...
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]
To correct people on the truest definition of the word is pretentious.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Apex Egyptian kits with barrels are sold out history. Barrel-less kits are still available though if you have a barrel laying around somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
922r requires 6 US parts for an AKM
Link Posted: 4/29/2010 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Perhaps, but our ideological opponents knowingly use language to attempt to defeat us, so why perpetuate it? While it isn't 100% related to the OPs question, as a seeming new person to building AKs, why not continue their education?

Language matters.
Link Posted: 5/1/2010 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Its better than letting him say things that make him look retarded

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/3/2010 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Its better than letting him say things that make him look retarded

Quoted:

+1. And it was said in a constructive way, not "OMG ITS NOT AN ASSAULT RIFLEE WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU OMG DUMBASSS"
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#16]
You cant go wrong with the term "EBR" (Evil Black Rifle).  It is a sarcastic tongue in cheek term we all love and are familure with.
Link Posted: 5/8/2010 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know all the "good/cheap" stuff is gone.  So in today's world, let's say a feller is gonna build an AK, just to have, who's offering reliable kits at today's fair market pricing?  I mean "reputable" vendors that won't send half a kit or a mix of Romy's Bulgarian Hawaiian fruit salad parts kits....?  Know what I mwan....????  Thanks all.

Give Gunthings a try, I have bought a few kits from them, all kits came as ordered without problem.

http://www.gunthings.com/galil.htm
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top