Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 4:56:25 PM EDT
I found these Pull Thru Tatical Jags to use with my Otis Cleaning Kit & Ripcords. They work with the Otis Round Patches & are easier that the Otis that you have to fold and tuck the slotted tips. Just make a hole in center with pointed tip. Wanted to share with everyone who also uses Otis or other pull thru cleaning kits to clean there Pistols, Rifles, & Shotguns. They are only $4 to $6 & upgrade your Otis Cable Cleaning kit or use on the end of the Otis Ripcord or other cable cleaning kits. The Ripcords are a lot better than Boresnake's with the ability to use Bronze/Nylon Bore Brush's ,Tatical Jags, Bore Mops, & Otis brass slotted tips making cleaning easier, faster & protecting your crown.

.22 Cal. Rimfire/ .223 Cal./5.56mm Tactical Jag

.357/.38 Cal./9mm Tactical Cleaning Jag

12 GA. Tactical Cleaning Jag

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Your post reads like an ad.  Do you work for Otis?  Just curious.  It looks like an interesting upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No don't work for Otis. Just bought 2 otis cleaning kit when they came out years ago for the .17 cables with permanently attached slotted patch holders. Then bought the jags last year because I was having to use rods with jags for 22, 9, .357, .40, 45, & 12gauge. Bought the Ripcords when Otis came out with them because you can omit a brush or thread what ever brush needed to get lead/copper out. When you jam the Otis in a barrel from not pull the patch tight enough; out comes vice grips & hammer to tap out cable with stuck patch. I have not had that problem with Tactical Jags. The Boresnakes are not very durable & come apart easy. Very small brushes fall out after a while or fall out in washing machine. JB bore paste or bore bright would need 2 snakes in each caliber or I would have to wash & reuse boresnake's in washing machine. Easy to put the ottis kit & one Ripcord per caliber in shooting bag than to carry 2 dewey one piece rods/brushes/guides/jags/mops for .17/20 & 22 for shooting ground squirrels with 204's .17hmrs .17wsm and 17/22 hornet. Pro Shot needs to make .17 & .20 Tactical Jag.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No don't work for Otis. Just bought there cleaning kit when they came out years ago for the .17 cables with slotted patch holders. Then bought the jags last year because I was having to use rods with jags for 22, 9, .357, .40, 45, & 12gauge. Bought the Ripcords when Otis came out with them because you can omit a brush or thread what ever brush needed to get lead/copper out. The Boresnakes are not very durable and have very small brushes with JB bore paste or bore bright I would have to wash the boresnake in washing machine or buy more. Easy to put the ottis kit in shooting bag than dewey one piece rods for 17 & 22 getting ground squirrels with 204's 17hmrs and 17/22 hornet. Pro Shot needs to make .17 & .20 Tactical Jag.
View Quote
Okay.  Not trying to be a jerk but I have to wonder.  Your first post reads like an ad, perfect grammar, and articulate.  Your second post, not so much  

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your post reads like an ad.  Do you work for Otis?  Just curious.  It looks like an interesting upgrade.
View Quote

Nothing he said wasn't correct.  All I use mostly is my Otis, and I just used it last night.  I got a fancy kit, but have never used the heavy cord or the attachments.  

I would be worried about getting that jag stuck in the bore.  If I use a jag, it will be on a Teflon coated rod that everyone has.   
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually thanks for the info. I just ordered from .22 to 12 gauge off Amazon. It's coming Sunday for me. Can't wait to try them out.

I like the rip cord, yeah, but I don't like the 12 gauge one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.   I like the idea.  Have you lost any patches on the .223 jag?  Sure looks like the patch would pull through and get stuck in the bore.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay I've been using it a couple of times since I got them Sunday. I'm really amazed by it and always wanted a jag that could go with my otis cleaning kit.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top