Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 9:37:25 PM EDT
I know an AR will run fine if lubed but clean it to inspect it. Look what I found. Attachment Attached File

BCM 7 or so years old.  Few thousand rnds on it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Good point.  I need to be more stringent when cleaning, inspect more.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
As a retired USAF armament troop I learned long ago that inspecting parts and finding problems is much better than having stuff break in use.  Had this bolt let go while I was shooting it could have ruined my upper as a minimum and hurt me pretty bad as the worst case.  

I might take it to NDI and have them take a look at it for the fun of it.  I would not be surprised if they found more microscopic cracks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely a good point. Inspecting while cleaning is something I have make a point to do only recently after getting into the AK Operators Union videos. Especially as my AR is above the 5K round point. I enjoy the process instead of just racing through it.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top