Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/16/2017 4:08:40 PM EDT
So I mounted up a set of MBUS sights on my new, and first, build.  When I tried to adjust the front sight I found it bottomed out and extremely tight.  Shortly thereafter the pins on the adjustment tool broke off into the notches in the set screw.  Good news is that I was able to dig all the pieces out of the notches.  Bad news is that I have no wrench and no working sight.

So here's my question:  Not wanting to break another plastic tool, is there a metal one that I can get enough torque on to get this thing adjusted?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Back up a step.
You're bottoming it out? That seems a bit odd. What is it mounted on? Have a picture of the complete rifle?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 6:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not bottoming it out.  It came out of the package bottomed out.  I need to pull it up and can't.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Email Magpul. They have very good CS in my experience. I'll bet they will take care of your situation.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not bottoming it out.  It came out of the package bottomed out.  I need to pull it up and can't.
View Quote
Ah, gotcha. Call or emal Magpul. That's not something that should have happened. It was cranked down too hard and is stuck at the bottom. Whomever assembled it went a bit nuts. They'll probably just send you a new one.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
ebay sells plenty of cheap front sight adjusters, not needed a tool is a big reason I switched over to the magpul PRO sights.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top