Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2017 7:08:21 PM EDT
Bullets are coated in copper correct?
People rave about Ballistol but I hear it does not remove copper. Is that true?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know there isn't a CLP type product that removes copper. You'll have to get a dedicated product. My favorite is the Iosso bore paste. Some of the best stuff I ever used but each to his own.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The Ballistol literature actually states it does remove copper from bores. It definitely is not an aggressive copper solvent like some bore cleaners.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
No, won't do shit for copper removal.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Who told you that Ballistol was suppose to remove copper?  It is a lubricant with paraffin wax in it.  When the oil evaporates it
leaves behind a thin coating of wax to help prevent rust.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't know crap about Ballistol. Why don't you do a little research before shooting off your mouth?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top