Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2017 5:02:48 PM EDT
Does anyone have any advice as to where I would be able to locate some 1990's Breakfree CLP? I'm referring to the formula that contained teflon that would settle on the bottom of the bottle. It was a thicker viscosity and had a different scent and color than the current formula does. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any advice as to where I would be able to locate some 1990's Breakfree CLP? I'm referring to the formula that contained teflon that would settle on the bottom of the bottle. It was a thicker viscosity and had a different scent and color than the current formula does. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
View Quote
I *think* royco 643 is still like that.  I remember the stuff you're talking about, it was still pretty common in the early 2000's, then around 2003/2004 the stuff the armory gave us no longer had the settling you mention. Not 100% sure if it is though.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it was called LP not CLP and requirement from .Gov was for a cleaner additive.  I still have a bottle and I think you can still get the product, or not.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
that stuff was great. all this new shit sucks and dries out too fast in az. i just switched to synthetic motor oil and sometimes add synthetic ATF to it.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a site that sells a lot of USGI surplus lubes, including the old CLP:

Old type CLP.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top