Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2017 8:59:59 AM EDT
I just came across this company the other day and I want to give it a shot. Read some promising stuff about it.

Here's a link to the site:
http://lubrikit.com/guardianlp.html

Anyone with experience using Lubrikit and their outlook on the product?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a semi-pro web site. Usually a sign of a home based business.

The second sign of a home based business is the address given is a residence in Austin TX. Check Zillow and Google maps.

This is repackaged Lubriplate grease and oil. The oil is a food service oil.

The products may be great but you might as well buy them from Lubriplate and save the crazy mark up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I seen that site. It's quite overpriced, to be honest. Especially when you can pick up a bottle of SFL-0 from a reputable site like midwayusa and get much more. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/190130/lubriplate-sfl-0-gun-grease-16-oz-tub

They're currently out of stock but you can also get some off other sites as well.

However, overall Lubriplate is great stuff. The 130-A were government issued during WW2, Korean, and Vietnam. They were used to grease the M1 and M14 rifles. They were used to retard the washout due to rain since the M1s were external rifles. They were not kept in mind of temperature variations so they are not great for high heat areas. However, given they were 170F limitation, it is adequate for the AR15 internals. The military calls for lubrication for the M16 class rifles to be at 150F degrees so 130-A is a touch above the minimal requirements.

SFL-0 is the superior product. It's a food grade grease used to grease up the fridge and other food parts. It has a much wider temperature variations.

The 16oz tub will last you a life time, maybe longer. The one offered on the Lubirkit site probably won't last as long. It appears all they did was bought some syringes, ordered a couple tubs, and simply sold it at ridiculous prices.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I got some of the SFL-0 from Midway, and use an extra syringe ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DXPQIFU?tag=vglnk-c102-20) I got from amazon for pet flea treatments awhile back to distribute it.  I filled up a few small bottles ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N71YCPI?tag=vglnk-c102-20) and have them in my cleaning kit and carrying cases.  Pretty convenient for quick access.  The syringe is just a pain in the ass when it comes to putting the grease on the guns IMO, I definitely prefer the bottles.  The catch 22 is, you really need a syringe to get it in the bottles.  

I like it better than CLP most of the time as it doesn't seem to dry up nearly as quickly.  My first pistol was a P226 that came with TW-25B, and this seems very similar to it in consistency.  I don't run my stuff very hard, and am pretty good about cleaning regularly, so can't comment on any reliability changes.

Haven't tried the oil on the LP site, that only comes in jugs or expensive spray cans.  I just use CLP in places grease won't work.

Quoted:
Looks like a semi-pro web site. Usually a sign of a home based business.

The second sign of a home based business is the address given is a residence in Austin TX. Check Zillow and Google maps.

This is repackaged Lubriplate grease and oil. The oil is a food service oil.

The products may be great but you might as well buy them from Lubriplate and save the crazy mark up.
View Quote
I believe he started it after that Grant Cunningham article that calls out Lubriplate products.  At that time both the grease and oil were only available in very large commercial containers.  I believe he started a group buy on another forum, and ended up turning it into a business.  There's nothing wrong with it, and it's convenient, but if you think you'll use more than comes in one order you're better off buying your own now that it comes in smaller containers from Lubriplate.  Granted his site is the only place I've found to get any of that oil for under about $30 shipped, so it's still a good deal for that.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top