Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2017 9:42:08 PM EDT
I recently bought a Fail Zero nickel boron BCG. Question is can I use Carbon Killer on the Fail Zero without damaging the metal on the BCG?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 2:08:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a NiB bcg too and would like to know as well.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have always just used Gunzilla lube and wiped my fail zeros down. The carbon just come right off. I think if use use a small amount on a rag you would be ok.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be good to go.  I'd suggest cleaning it sooner rather than later, as I've stained a nickel boron BCG after letting it sit dirty for about a year.  It functions fine, just doesn't look as nice
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
One of the biggest benefits of buying a BCG like the one you bought is the fact it will clean right up without harsh chemicals or much effort.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My NiB BCG just wipes clean with a rag. No need for cleaners just wipe down and re oil.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top