Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2016 8:39:07 PM EDT
Oh man, I have been using a Borka for years. Was at Sportsmans Warehouse and they had the FAT on sale for $40.  Picked one up and used on my new LT 104 mount and what a difference.  The Borka is Hong in the lonely tool box, tools that are no longer used.

This FAT is so easy to use.  Why did I not buy one earlier.  I have dedicated Seekonks for my LMT MRP barrels, these are great, but for small screws and mounts, the FAT is going work just fine.

Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, what the hell is a FAT?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got the digital one, its pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 10:42:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, what the hell is a FAT?
View Quote

I am sorry, Wheeler Engineering Torque Screwdriver, FAT stands for Firearm Accurizing Torque wrench. 10-65 in-lbs range.

Digital one?  They make a digital?

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
For the money it's probably the single best bang for the buck that any gun owner can buy.  I got mine a few years wondering if it would ever get used more than once or twice and now I can't imagine not having one.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Digital one?  They make a digital?
View Quote

Yep.  Few $$ more but goes 15-100in/lbs as well as changes to kg/cm and N/M.  Comes in a plastic case with 10 bits.  Will live readout, or you can dial in a torque spec and it will give you audible indicators when youre close, and spot on.

Also is calibrated within 2%, comes with a signed calibration chart, and i believe can be recalibrated.

Worth the $$$ to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Digital-Firearms-Accurizing-Torque/dp/B01B3NW5TG?tag=vglnk-c102-20
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 9:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep.  Few $ more but goes 15-100in/lbs as well as changes to kg/cm and N/M.  Comes in a plastic case with 10 bits.  Will live readout, or you can dial in a torque spec and it will give you audible indicators when youre close, and spot on.

Also is calibrated within 2%, comes with a signed calibration chart, and i believe can be recalibrated.

Worth the $$ to me.

https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Digital-Firearms-Accurizing-Torque/dp/B01B3NW5TG?tag=vglnk-c102-20
View Quote

This looks nice, i will see how much use mine gets, may add to my Amazon wish list later on.

Thanks for the link
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top