User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine didn't need low temps to fail.  Hell, I was in Florida .   Click, not bang. Frog was immediately fired.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine didn't need low temps to fail.  Hell, I was in Florida .   Click, not bang. Frog was immediately fired.
View Quote

Same exact thing happened to me. It was 90 degrees that day.

Firing pin was all gummed up, and I had gone right by the instructions and wiped everything thorough.

Had to pull the BCG apart  at the range wiped everything down again  and got it up and running.

I thought about it after, and as others here has stated in the past ... Who the hell wants to use any kind of lubricant where you have to follow some kind of funky ass procedure..

It's one of those things where I had to ask myself  "what the fuck was I thinking when I bought this shit?"
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wasn't cold when my Sig got stuck either, it was in my house lol

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I need to check some of my safe queens that I put FL on a while back.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
HOW CAN THIS BE?

Arfcom defended Froggylube.

Arfcom told me when I told stories of FrogLube gumming up stuff - that I did it wrong.  I didn't use heat.  I used too much.  I didn't get it into the pores of the metal (whatever the hell THAT means).  I didn't come back and remove the excess.

It was all my fault, and Froglube could not be challenged.  It was the lubricant of the Gods.

That's what arfcom told me when I called it snake oil so long ago.

My, how fickle is the mob.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never liked Froglube.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:10:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
HOW CAN THIS BE?

Arfcom defended Froggylube.

Arfcom told me when I told stories of FrogLube gumming up stuff - that I did it wrong.  I didn't use heat.  I used too much.  I didn't get it into the pores of the metal (whatever the hell THAT means).  I didn't come back and remove the excess.

It was all my fault, and Froglube could not be challenged.  It was the lubricant of the Gods.

That's what arfcom told me when I called it snake oil so long ago.

My, how fickle is the mob.

View Quote

I remember those threads.

I got the same treatment from some of the fanboyz that I wasn't doing it right.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

The good news, if you can call it that, is the brown gunk it turns into seems to keep the rust away.  I used it on an old H&R .32 top break my grampa left to me.  The gunk kept it from firing because it trapped the hammer so well, but it didn't develop any rust in where it had accumulated.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The good news, if you can call it that, is the brown gunk it turns into seems to keep the rust away.  I used it on an old H&R .32 top break my grampa left to me.  The gunk kept it from firing because it trapped the hammer so well, but it didn't develop any rust in where it had accumulated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cosmoline. V2.0
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top