Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/15/2016 10:10:26 AM EDT
Not sure if anyone else has done this so I thought I would share this.

I've filed smoothed the tips of the detents to get the burrs off.  This made the fire/safety and pivot/takedown actions much smoother.

mm

Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
try stain less steel detent  from battle arms development, in all my guns much better
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Good on you, but I wont bother with it personally.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Batlle arms safeties in all my weapons but good to know if i help a buddy out or something and wanna go the extra mile. makes sense
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Polishes with use
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I've made it a habit of chucking my FCG pins in a drill, and running them through a patch soaked in Brasso. Seems to smooth them up a bit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I did that once to a pin detent, but it was b/c during a fit of retardation I accidentally put it in the safety detent hole. It was my first build, and I thought that the LPK was just really, really bad. I did get it working with a pin detent, though, at least until I figured out what was going on a couple minutes later... after spending 10 minutes polishing and smoothing the pin detent.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 6:11:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I polish the detents on my builds as well. The safety is butter smooth and still positive. It's totally not needed, but doesn't hurt anything either. To me, it's the fun part of building your own, trying to coax the most outta every part.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I typically hit mine with some 800 or 1000 grit to knock off the rough edge before I throw them in. It definitely makes a difference. Im curious why others wouldn't take the few moments time to improve their builds with simple things like this?
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top